What should I grill this Sat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We butchered a hog yesterday, which is very traditional during the holiday season in Latin America. I'll probably cook the ribs this weekend on the grill, then on Christmas Eve day I'll smoke both of the shoulders along with whatever else fits in the smoker and do pulled pork for Noche Buena, Christmas Eve night, for our family Christmas celebration. There will probably be at least 60 to 80 people - all family, believe it or not. The party starts about 10pm and goes on through the night, ending with breakfast Christmas morning.

I just read the paper and Hormel babybacks are on sale for 3.99 this week, so I'm going to do two racks, one for me and one for my neighbors that I'm friends with.
This should be interesting, because two racks side by side doesn't get quite as indirect as I'd like from my outside burners.
And I'm going to buy a few extra racks, too :^)

Pacanis there is a house for sale two doors down from me....I could be the neighbor that you're friends with!

I'm thinking maybe a meatloaf. My dad has done one on the grill and he thought it was great. It was the first time he ever made meatloaf in his life. Me, I make a mean meatloaf in the kitchen. Yeah, TheFanatic gots some chops inside as well.

Any other ideas? Meatloaf just seems like comfort food to me. But I'm open to suggestions....

The Q meatloaf is a beautiful thing. Can't wait til summer

Grilled Peaches and Cream

Hey I don't know what you're going to do for the main course but you just gotta try this for desert.

Grilled peaches and cream

Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 8 Minutes

Ingredients:

• 4 Peaches, Halved and Pitted
  • 2 Tablespoons Clover Honey
  • 1 Cup Soft Cream Cheese with Honey and Nuts
  • 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
Directions:

• Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
  • Brush peaches with a light coating of oil.
  • Place pit side down onto the grill. Grill for 5 minutes, or until the surfaces have nice grill marks.
  • Turn the peaches over and drizzle with a bit of honey.
  • Place ½ tablespoon of the cream cheese spread in the place where the pit was.
  • Grill for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the filling is warm.
  • Serve immediately
Its amazing! Enjoy

I've more great free recipes at my website if you like this one.

Stephen

Hi

I got to thinking there is another little gem that I tried at the weekend that you might like. Its a little different and well worth a go; that is if you've got the grill going and you like Oysters.

Grilled Oysters

Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes

Ingredients:

• 8 Fresh Oysters in Shells
  • 1/3 Cup Fresh Lemon Juice
  • 3 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
  • Hot Pepper Sauce to Taste
  • Salt to Taste
Directions:

• Heat grill to high heat.
  • Place the whole oyster on the hot grill. Cook until they open 5 to 10 minutes. You will hear the juice sizzling on the hot coals when this happens.
  • Remove the oysters from the grill, and pry off the top shell. Wear some heavy gloves to protect your hands from the heat.
  • Slide a knife between the oyster and shell to disconnect.
  • Top each one with the lemon 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce, and hot pepper sauce and salt to taste. Serve in the shell while still warm.
Different and gorgeous.

Enjoy

Stephen Kember

PS There are more great free recipes on my website

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom