What's is the best briquette for grilling?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kitchenelf

Chef Extraordinaire
First, those are some great looking recipes Rainee.

Now, about what type of charcoal/hardwood briquettes to use. Where do I get the hardwood briquettes around here Rainee? What's the brand name, etc. I guess I'm using the right term. TIA

Lump is usually better, as it does not have a bunch of filler. It creates less ash (due to no fillers) it burns hotter.

check this out for info on lump.
Lump

I saw some that look familiar on the site you linked - I've seen Royal Oak - I've heard Green Egg is the best (was that the name??)

Green Egg is made by royal oak. Royal oak makes a lump and a briquette.

Again, I have to climb on the Lump Hardwood Charcoal bandwagon. I love the stuff.

You have to shop around to find a good brand. Royal Oak sounds familar. I think I may have used it back in OK.

One thing I do know, is that you have to find a brand with regularly-sized lumps of charcoal. This is why briquettes are so popular, as they burn evenly. I've got a cheap bag of lump charcoal in my garage, and I know it's cheap, with irregularly-sized lumps. Some are huge, most are tiny. This makes laying a fire hard.

There's only two places that I know of right now in my area that sells lump charcoal, a local grocery store, and Lowe's. The brand Lowe's sells is the good stuff. I'll have to go and get a bag or two here soon.

Back
Top Bottom