Your favorite recipe to fix on the grill?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Italian Chicken

My family and I just ate a great tasteing meal from the grill. There was Italian Chicken, boiled Red Potatos, and Tuscan Veggies. We have bought a container of Italian dressing and poured it over 4 large pieces of chicken in a ziplock bag and let it marinate over night. The chicken came off the grill wonderfully juicy and tender. I boiled the potatoes in some spices and butter after I chopped them up into cubes so that they could cook faster. The tuscan veggies consisted of cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, and string beans in an herb and butter sauce. Also there was bread and butter on the side. It was so delicious! So for today this is my favorite recipe from the grill.:chef:

Marishka_20 said:
My family and I just ate a great tasteing meal from the grill. There was Italian Chicken, boiled Red Potatos, and Tuscan Veggies. We have bought a container of Italian dressing and poured it over 4 large pieces of chicken in a ziplock bag and let it marinate over night. The chicken came off the grill wonderfully juicy and tender. I boiled the potatoes in some spices and butter after I chopped them up into cubes so that they could cook faster. The tuscan veggies consisted of cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, and string beans in an herb and butter sauce. Also there was bread and butter on the side. It was so delicious! So for today this is my favorite recipe from the grill.:chef:

It wasn't till last summer that I discovered how wonderful chicken breasts were when marinaded in Italian Dressing. Have you tried it with the Zesty Italian Dressing yet.

I like all kinds of food cooked on the grill, but my favorite is a big, thick hamburger. I like that even better than steak. Slap a slice of Velveeta Lite on it, put burger on a toasted bun with mustard & sweet relish, and top with a slice of garden-fresh tomato.

In my book, you can't get much better than that...except maybe by adding fresh corn on the cob to the menu.

Constance said:
I like all kinds of food cooked on the grill, but my favorite is a big, thick hamburger. I like that even better than steak. Slap a slice of Velveeta Lite on it, put burger on a toasted bun with mustard & sweet relish, and top with a slice of garden-fresh tomato.

In my book, you can't get much better than that...except maybe by adding fresh corn on the cob to the menu.

Take a large Portabello mushroom cap, drizzle EVOO over the gills, and grill it alongside you burger. Flip both at the same time. Place the shroom on your burger, and build everything else the same.

Can you tell that I love mushrooms and beef?:mrgreen:

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

since i use a real charcoal grill, i tend to want the flavor of the meat and smoke, so i often don't add anything but s&p, and maybe a little evoo.

not much beats grilled sweet onions, or grilled corn on the cob.

i do like to marinate portabella's in italian dressing, then grill them, melting blue or fontina on top just before serving.

some recent favourites, a departure from my norm are grilled skewers of teryaki marinated tilapia, pineapple, and red peppers.

another is grilled squid skewers, served on a bed of crisp lettuce, with sweet chilli sauce and fresh cilantro.

keeping with the fish theme: grilled (deveined but shell on) shrimp, dusted with a rub of garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, a little brown sugar. s&p, and an array of dried herbs.

and another is my dirty pork chops: http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f49/buckytoms-dirty-pork-chops-18151.html?highlight=%22dirty+pork%22

I have two grill favorites -grilled shrimp and grilled fruit. SizzlininIn, your twist on Ina's Tequilla Lime Chicken sounds great. I just prepared that dish last week. Next time I prepare it, I certainly will try your additions.

buckytom said:
some recent favourites, a departure from my norm are grilled skewers of teryaki marinated tilapia, pineapple, and red peppers.

Grilled pineapple is a new-found thing for me! Can't decide which I like better: sprinkling brown sugar on it or sprinkling chili powder on it. So I make some of each. Maybe both on the same slices would be good, huh? Next time!

Lee

Hi Lee- I had it like that in Mexico and it was really good but, I still like it with just cinnamon and brown sugar.
Love and energy, Vicki

I grill ALOT in the summer, probably 3-4 nights per week. I have alot of favorites. I do an Indian style pork chop thats quite yummy. Last summer I got into ka-bobs and I made greek chicken souvlaki, chinese beef and brocolli ka-bobs and veggie ka-bobs, among others.
I would like to grill more fish too.

Toots said:
I grill ALOT in the summer, probably 3-4 nights per week. I have alot of favorites. I do an Indian style pork chop thats quite yummy. Last summer I got into ka-bobs and I made greek chicken souvlaki, chinese beef and brocolli ka-bobs and veggie ka-bobs, among others.
I would like to grill more fish too.

I haven't made kabobs for a long time now that I think of it. I think I'll have to marinate some meat and try that later in the week. Thanks for the reminder.

Skewered giant ginger/garlic prawns and grilled vegetables. (an assortment of portabello, zuchinni, thick red onion slices, peppers, etc.) I make a big batch of rice to go with everything....

Yum yum...

Quick and easy.... I love grilled zuchini... small ones I halve, larger ones I might quarter. Brush with olive oil, sprinkle with a little bit of garlic salt, grill on high. just takes a couple of minutes.

Also, one I learned in cooking school... grilled asparagus salad. Grill the spears on high just till they start to pop a little (about 2 minutes) rolling them to get all sides. Serve crisp with homemade orange vinaigrette dressing and crystalized shallots for a sweet garnish. :chef:

I love grilled veggies but to be honest I'd have to say a nice thick steak!
And burgers and hotdogs should never be cooked any other way!

For me, it's definetly a nice bone in rib steak, a close second though is beer can chicken. Veggie wise, I really enjoy grilled eggplant slices or grilled asparagus. Seafood would be grilled oysters or clams and nice thick wahoo steak.
John.

Carne asada, salmon on cedar planks, and the grandkids love those chicken drummettes sprinkled with a dry Cajun seasoning before grilling. Also love to make individual foil packets with big slices of beefsteak tomatoes, red onion and a drizzle of lime juice. Cannot wait for really good tomatoes!

My favorite grill item? That's like asking me to pick my favorite cheerleader. It just can't be done.

Course, grill season for me is all year round come rain, snow, sun, wind or sleet, so I've been around the block a few too many times to have a fave.

Since I don't have a grill I normally put these under the broiler, but when I was at my parents hous I tried these on the grill and they were wonderful.

Ginger Glazed Shrimp Kabobs

1 cup bottled barbecue sauce
2/3 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
2 T. cooking oil
4 t. grated fresh ginger
1 1/4 lb. fresh large shrimp with tails

Mix all together in bowl. Marinate. Skewer and cook.

Also, beer can chicken is good on the grill.

We have 3 simple favorites we make all the time:

1) Turkey Burgers
2) Plain grilled Italian-dressing-marinated chicken
3) Marinated Turkey & Vegetable kabobs

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom