Your favorite recipe to fix on the grill?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
drunk corn! You have to start with fresh corn, silk removed but husks in tact. Soak the corn in a big pot in beer for a day. I like to cook it over the flames in the woodburning fireplace. A spicy chili/cumin/lime zest butter is the perfect accompaniment.

I don't even know where to start! It looks like some of the favorites are grilled and that others are smoked. So I'll assume we're covering both.

On the grill: Shish kebab using chicken or shrimp wrapped in bacon. Not the healthiest item around, but WOW!!! I think bacon makes everything that's not sweet taste better. Steak of course (smoked at 225 for 20 minutes prior to grilling). Burgers (smoked first, like steak). Grilled vegetables are a family favorite.

On the smoker: Smoked chuck. I've never seen this at a restaurant, but this is amazing if done properly. I think it's actually better than brisket. Smoked salmon. I've tried many types of wood and maple is probably my favorite.

Just a reminder.... BBQ is smoking long and slow (usually). Grilling is cooking over a standard grill for a shorter amount of time and normally without smoking. I would not knock either method of cooking as both are excellent means of causing me to gain the weight I am trying to loose. My most favorite Grill item is the "Country Style Boneless Pork Ribs" I mentioned in another post. On the smoker... I don't think there is anything better then a good 190F brisket that is sliced thin and with a really good bread to go with. BBQ sauce or a good beef broth in the form of an onion soup dip, works perfectly for me. Casper

Back
Top Bottom