BBQ Pork Ribs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Golfgar4

Senior Cook
I did my first BBQ ribs in the DO today, and they were great! :chef:

This recipe completely cook the ribs in the DO. You do not take them out at the end and finish them on the grill. They are completely dry roasted, except for the sauce that is added about halfway through.

I had just about 6 pounds of ribs, and discovered that the recipe for the barbecue doesn't really make enough for that many ribs, so I made a second batch. Now I must add that I like a lot of sauce on my ribs. If you like them a bit dryer with more of a crust, then the amount of sauce would be alright.

My wife though they could be just a bit sweeter. I felt that there was enough sweetness from the ketchup, but adding about a 1/4 cup of sugar or sugar substitute would sweeten it up just a bit more.

I cooked the ribs in a 12" DO, and followed the temperature recommendations of the recipe. It all timed out perfectly, and the meat was falling off of the bone.

Overall, I would give this recipe a A+ rating. It was great!

Barbecued Ribs

INGREDIENTS:

• 4 to 5 pounds pork ribs, cut in serving-size pieces
  • salt and pepper
  • 1 lemon, thinly sliced
  • 1 large onion, thinly sliced
  • 1 cup ketchup
  • 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 teaspoon chili powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • dash Tabasco sauce
PREPARATION:

Place ribs in a shallow roasting pan, meaty side down; season with salt and pepper. Roast at 425° for 35 minutes.

Drain off excess fat; turn meaty side up. Top ribs with sliced lemon and onion. Reduce oven temperature to 350° and continue to roast ribs for 30 minutes longer.

Meanwhile, combine ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, salt and Tabasco in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and pour over ribs. Continue roasting ribs, basting occasionally, for 1 hour longer. Add more water if sauce gets too thick.

Ribs recipe serves 4 to 6.

Attachments

• BBQ Ribs1a.jpg
    BBQ Ribs1a.jpg
    220 KB · Views: 235
  • BBQ Ribs3a.jpg
    BBQ Ribs3a.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 254
Last edited:
Sounds good! It's winter here in MN and I am very much OVER going outside to cook anymore.

Suziquzie -

We're originally from Wisconsin - Go Packers! So I understand your "reluctance" in going outside to cook. I wouldn't either if I were there. ;)

We'll be spending our summer in Minnesota near St. Cloud. We'll be workamping at an RV park from June to October. Where are you located?

We're in North Branch, It's actually about an hour straight East on 95 from St.Cloud, 40 miles North of St. Paul up 35. There's not much here, but we have an outlet mall!!!!! :)
We used to live in the cities but decided on wide open spaces..... so we could buy and park an RV someday. So far we've got someone ELSE's RV parked here... I think I may hijack it. :ohmy:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom