Camp Fire Loin Back Ribs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
that looks so good. alittle hard to cook outside with all this white stuff and temps in the teens and twentys as we have in n.e. pa.

Unc B,
Now thats a mighty fine bunch o ribs!! --and pics

I can just about taste them, they look so goooood; I'm drooooling

I see the large board; how does that work for you? I assume its a wind break of sorts.

Whenever I try to influence the wind, I am the one getting smoked.

Unc B,
Now thats a mighty fine bunch o ribs!! --and pics

I can just about taste them, they look so goooood; I'm drooooling

I see the large board; how does that work for you? I assume its a wind break of sorts.

Whenever I try to influence the wind, I am the one getting smoked.

Thank you! The ribs were very good, but not excellent -- due in part to the strong Southerly wind at 15-20 MPH --- The weather man "lied' the night before:LOL: --- The piece of ply-board works pretty well for a wind break -- The South wind blew over the top/around the board which drew the fire/heat/smoke back towards it, as you can see in the picture, before it sent it briskly off to the North.

wind break -- The South wind blew over the top/around the board which drew the fire/heat/smoke back towards it

I find the funnel action you describe hard to predict, so I shy away from using wind breaks altogether: instead I add more wood for incresed heat to counter the wind's cooling effect.

My set up has the additional horizontal choice of adjustment so I can place the food directly in the path of the heat no matter what direction the heat/wind may choose to do.

Nother question: When I read you posts, I notice that you more often than not picture a very low key fire. How long is the typical cooking time for the type of things you do in your pictures?

Back
Top Bottom