Dutch Oven Mixed Berry Cobbler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ol-blue

Sous Chef
DUTCH OVEN MIXED BERRY COBBLER

img_546533_0_27bacdec2a8bc276e87de05ee92e0333.jpg

FRUIT

6 cup(s) BERRIES; Mixed, Frozen Or Fresh.
1 cup(s) SUGAR
4 tablespoon(s) FLOUR
SALT; Pinch.

TOPPING

2 cup(s) FLOUR
1 cup(s) SUGAR; Plus 2 Tablespoons, Divided.
2 1/4 teaspoon(s) BAKING POWDER
1/2 cup(s) CRISCO
1 cup(s) MILK
1 1/2 teaspoon(s) VANILLA
_____

Berries.
Mix berries, 1 cup sugar, and flour in a Dutch oven or 13x9 pan.

Topping.
In bowl mix flour, sugar, baking powder together.
Add crisco and mix together until crumbly with a pastry blender or fork.
Add milk and vanilla and mix until smooth with a mixer or by hand.
Carefully spread topping over berries.
Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of sugar.
Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
_____

We should have a rule against posting something looking that delicious. I'll make that for sure. Thanks for posting it.

Ol Blue, your recipes are not only delicious-sounding but your photos are so gorgeous when displayed on your ol blue enamelware. There are so many wonderful berries here and I will definitely be saving this one. Every "Western" dessert that I've made over here the locals have gone nuts. So far chocolate chip cookies, chocolate cake, and brownies, are fought over as they have nothing like them here. And I know that I haven't seen this one. Thanks sharing all your wonderful recipes and yummy photos.

Well, Kazakhstan, used to be one of the many "-stan" replublics of Russia but they gained their independence over 10 years ago. Russia just about envelopes them west and north, and China is to the west. It's a huge, vast country and I've come to respect their history and culture very much. Still cold as chilbains in the winter, however!! That's why your warm berry cobbler looks so inviting. I know they would love it here.

Well, Kazakhstan, used to be one of the many "-stan" replublics of Russia but they gained their independence over 10 years ago. Russia just about envelopes them west and north, and China is to the west. It's a huge, vast country and I've come to respect their history and culture very much. Still cold as chilbains in the winter, however!! That's why your warm berry cobbler looks so inviting. I know they would love it here.

Ok Thanks...Sounds interesting. This cobbler will be easy and will warm them up. Debbie

Enjoy! Angie

I was craving this soo badly last night. I went to pull my frozen berries out of the freezer...and I didn't have any. I was so disappointed. I had to make a blackberry jam sandwich to curb my craving.

Today, over my lunch hour, I'm buying berries!

I was craving this soo badly last night. I went to pull my frozen berries out of the freezer...and I didn't have any. I was so disappointed. I had to make a blackberry jam sandwich to curb my craving.

Today, over my lunch hour, I'm buying berries!

I just hate that when that happens. Now if the blackberry jam was homemade that would have helped me with the craving. Enjoy your dessert! Debbie

Back
Top Bottom