Dutch Oven Users!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

antandres

Assistant Cook
Hello all!
This is my first post on this forum. I want to start by saying while I am an avid cook and outdoor cook at that, I joined this forum in search of some feedback. I am an MET major at Purdue and I am working on a senior project. I am designing a Dutch oven base/stand that has the ability to rotate the coals underneath. I need some feedback on my design ideas and just some input from real outdoor cooking enthusiasts, as I personally know very few people who do so. The design is still very open to change, but right now the idea is to have a base with legs with a plate that rotates via a handle. The coals sit on the plate, thus negating the need to pick the oven up and rotate it. I will update as we go forward with the design. Check pics for a better explanation of my ideas. Any and all feedback and criticism is welcome and much appreciated.

model pic 2.jpgmodel pic 3.jpgmodel pic 1.jpg

I think your design is pretty slick, but why wouldn't I just place the Dutch oven right ON the coals? It's easy to rotate the oven... the bottom plate you've designed seems unnecessary. Most Dutch ovens have a handle on top... so rotating is easy.

I have seen some where the lid is flat with a small rim so you can put the coals right on top of the thing... so, you'd have heat on top and bottom.

Looks like you need some sort of handle on the DO. Otherwise how do you pick it up to move it or take it off the coals? :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom