Mixed Berry Crisp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Golfgar4

Senior Cook
This is a fun and easy dessert, because you use bags of mixed frozen berries. I used a 10" DO, which worked out just fine. The crisp cooked completely in 1 hour, and it had a perfect balance of sweetness and tartness.

If you love berry desserts, you'll LOVE this recipe.

Mixed Berry Crisp
The frozen berries aren't thawed before you use them, so this dessert is super fast.
Makes 6 servings.
Ingredients

2 12-ounce packages frozen mixed berries (such as blueberries, blackberries, strawberries and raspberries; about 6 cups), unthawed
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup all purpose flour
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
2/3 cup (packed) golden brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
7 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter, diced

preparation

Preheat oven to 375°F. Combine berries, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup flour and lemon juice in large bowl; toss to blend well. Transfer berry mixture to 9-inch-diameter glass pie dish. Combine remaining 3/4 cup flour, oats, brown sugar, spices and salt in medium bowl. Add butter; rub in with fingertips until topping holds together in small moist clumps. Sprinkle over berry mixture.
Bake crisp until berry mixture bubbles thickly and topping is golden brown, about 1 hour. Let stand 15 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.

Attachments

• Corned Beef3.JPG
    Corned Beef3.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 231
  • Corned Beef2.JPG
    Corned Beef2.JPG
    106 KB · Views: 240
  • Corned Beef6.JPG
    Corned Beef6.JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 242
Pretty easy and healthy dessert. Since it's difficult to get frozen berries here, will settle for freshly picked wild raspberries, red currants and whatever berries I can get hold of. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

The recipe is a keeper. It would seem to have the flavor of one of my very favorite desserts from Olive Garden, which they no longer make - Berry Crostada. I've tried for years to find a recipe. This seems to have the taste but in a different form. Thanks for posting.

Back
Top Bottom