My Dutch Oven Goulash

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chile Chef

Sous Chef
My mom gave me her basic Goulash recipe but I've kicked it up a notch.

Prep time 20 minutes.
Cook time 35 minutes.

Ingredient's

1.1 pound of ground beef, cooked no drain.
2.1 cup white onion's loosely chopped. ( or less if you don't like onions )
3.2 cans of tomato soup
4.a can of green chiles in the juice.
5.2 cans of water "use your tomato soup can".
6.Half pound of bacon. cooked "cheat with pre cooked stuff, sliced small bits.
7.1 clove garlic loosely chopped.
8. 1 T Smoked peperika.
9. Roughly 1 T of lemon juice.
10.1 Can of diced tomato's.
11.Pinch of salt.
12.Add as much or as less noodles you want to.

add a pinch of salt to the burger then start the frying process, add the garlic & the onion.

Don't drain the grease, add 2 cans of tomato soup, add, 1 can of diced tomato's , Then bring to it to a boil, let cook for 5-8 minutes, Add everything turn it back down to a simmer, Add the noodles, let cook 30 minutes. with the lid on.

Pictures will come soon.

Here's the images I told everyone I was going to put on here, Enjoy, I know I did!

575310806_PAnSM-L.jpg

575311052_vetPw-L.jpg

Dish Looks Good...Pot Looks Good....Pour me a glass of tea, and pass da corn bread!!!
Sure, no problem Bob, Now my problem will be storing it in the freezer, I don't have enough room in my freezer to store 2 containers of this stuff so I may give half of it to my folks when they come up for dinner.

Sure, no problem Bob, Now my problem will be storing it in the freezer, I don't have enough room in my freezer to store 2 containers of this stuff so I may give half of it to my folks when they come up for dinner.

Have you thought about using ziploc bags rather than containers? You can fit the ziplock bags with the more liquid type contents (like goulash) in some pretty small spaces. You can also defrost what you cooked still in the bag in some water. I use to do that all the time for make a head meals (like white chicken chili) before heading out camping or up north to the cabin. Some things work pretty well that way. Goulash would be one that does.

bob

Have you thought about using ziploc bags rather than containers? You can fit the ziplock bags with the more liquid type contents (like goulash) in some pretty small spaces. You can also defrost what you cooked still in the bag in some water. I use to do that all the time for make a head meals (like white chicken chili) before heading out camping or up north to the cabin. Some things work pretty well that way. Goulash would be one that does.

bob
Thanks for the tip, Bob.

When you say that you wish you'd used whole milk, do you mean in place of the 2 cans of water? When I make tom. soup, I use milk instead of water. I'm going to be making this soon. Thanks!

bob
and in the zip bags they also act as giant ice cubes to keep other stuff cold in the cooler or if the power goes out these bags of food really do help keep the freezer cold till power comes on.

Thanks Lf, I really liked it, and It was very tasty.

The dutch oven was $58 dollars then wallmarts started to carry Lodge DO's and If I could have waited for about 3 months I could have picked up the same exact one for $38 at wallmarts.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom