My first 5-QT Dutch Oven!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chile Chef

Sous Chef
I've deiced on this dutch oven because it had everything I was looking for.

561942710_PsACW-L.jpg

561942606_JbCq7-L.jpg

561942630_n7pi8-L.jpg

561942670_mW59N-L.jpg

Congrats on a fine purchase. It will do you and your cooking proud, and you'll pass it on for generations!

Your pot is soon to gather memories. It is amazing but true...your first chili or beef stew, or meatballs and sauce or pulled pork bbq. Your memories will include the first onions sauteing and the sound and smell of that! (making myself hungry!) Abondanza!

Your pot is soon to gather memories. It is amazing but true...your first chili or beef stew, or meatballs and sauce or pulled pork bbq. Your memories will include the first onions sauteing and the sound and smell of that! (making myself hungry!) Abondanza!
Your right, It's already creating memories, I'm actually going to enter some D.O cook off's this summer and I'm going to make my signature enchiladas, By the way do I want to make them how I make them at home? with the Hot devils daquire sauce I got from a freind? OR would I keep the sauce out?

Did you get it from Amazon?
No I got it at a store that they should give me a discount next time I go there.

So far I've purchased over $500 worth of gear there!

And I know the store lay out by now :)

Yes. I agree. There are so many wonderful meals waiting to be born in your new Dutch Oven. But, please, don't forget that you can also bake great bread in your new cooking friend. Google the bread from the No-Knead Bread Adapted from Jim Lahey, Sullivan Street Bakery.

Marty in Australia :chef:

And by the way, the little spike things on the underside of the cover... they help to collect condensation and return it into the pot evenly.

Oh I've heard of those Dutch made Ovens. they're great for smoking, too! congrats!

The name "Dutch Oven" comes from the old Pennsylvania "Dutch" immigrants which has been misprounounced from the original word, "Deutsch" which means "German." And Dutch Ovens aren't made in the Netherlands. They are a type of American made cast iron pot with a special lid, and often with legs, originally made for use on a bed of coals of a camp fire, but many modern Dutch Ovens are now ceramic glazed cast iron for use on a modern stove or oven.

I bought one of the enameled cast iron dutch ovens yesterday - I've been wanting one for quite a while but since I already had so many sizes of pots and pans, kept putting it off. Yesterday I saw a sale on a nice one (not the terribly expensive one) but I bought it. I haven't decided what to make in it yet - and will be looking for some recipes other than chili, etc.

I bought one of the enameled cast iron dutch ovens yesterday ... I haven't decided what to make in it yet - and will be looking for some recipes other than chili, etc.

Yesterday I made a pot (chuck) roast in mine. Also, once in a while, chicken and dumplings.

I don't use it every week, but nothing else can take it's place when needed! :chef:

Your right, It's already creating memories, I'm actually going to enter some D.O cook off's this summer and I'm going to make my signature enchiladas, By the way do I want to make them how I make them at home? with the Hot devils daquire sauce I got from a freind? OR would I keep the sauce out?

No I got it at a store that they should give me a discount next time I go there.

So far I've purchased over $500 worth of gear there!

And I know the store lay out by now :)

Leave the sauce in! That's what makes it unique! :chef: Hope you enjoy your new pot.

Back
Top Bottom