Pie Iron Lemon Meringue Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ol-blue

Sous Chef
I used to make these with bread when growing up. I tried it using Crescent Dough and my family liked it better this way. This is like eating a Lemon Meringue Pie. Serve them warm or cold.
Enjoy! Debbie

PIE IRON LEMON MERINGUE PIE

img_583236_0_d65762abe827004180608dd3c64e5491.jpg

1 can(s) (8 ounce) CRESCENT ROLLS
LEMON PIE FILLING
MARSHMALLOWS; Regular Size.
BUTTER
_____

Butter both side of Pie Iron.
Unroll the crescent roll dough, take two triangles sections from dough and press the seams together.
With your finger tips, press dough out until it about 9 inches long and 4 inches wide.
Cut dough in half at the middle.
Place one half in buttered pie iron.
Top dough with 11/2 tablespoons of Lemon Pie Filling.
Top the lemon filling with two marshmallows.
Place other half of dough on top and press dough down inside pie iron around the edges sealing the two crescents together.
Close the pie iron and cook over medium coals for 5 to 8 minutes, turning occasionally and until golden brown.
Dust with powdered sugar just before serving.
Let cool some before eating; filling will be hot.
Makes 4 pies
_____

Wow! What a terrific idea - next time I'm at the store I'm getting the ingredients. We do campfires so often while we're out RV'ing and I can hardly wait to try the crescent dough instead of bread. I'll let you know how they turn out - doubt they will be as beautiful as yours. I have some old small marshmallows and I'm going to try them.

Wow! What a terrific idea - next time I'm at the store I'm getting the ingredients. We do campfires so often while we're out RV'ing and I can hardly wait to try the crescent dough instead of bread. I'll let you know how they turn out - doubt they will be as beautiful as yours. I have some old small marshmallows and I'm going to try them.

Thanks! I hope you enjoy them as much as my family does. Enjoy! Debbie

Now I need a pie iron! LOL. I am thinking you used a square one? I thought I saw them at the camping store in square and round.

Duh now I see that... 9 x4 and cut in half I was still thinking diagonal but that makes it 4.5 x4 square so square pie iron, LOL I think that is my sign it is getting late...

I did make them and they were just great! Mine tasted more like lemon danish pastries than lemon meringue pie, but the marshmallows were so stale. I'm going to try them again wth fresh marshmallows and it will probably be a LONG time before I make my pie iron desserts with bread if I can find crescent rolls.

SchnoodleMom, I agree with you, I really like using the crescent rolls myself over the bread. I'm glad you enjoyed them. Debbie

Thanks sattie. Debbie

Back
Top Bottom