Apple Custard Tart
APPLE CUSTARD TART
Ingredients for 8 Servings
1 x Folded refrigerated folded refrigerated unbaked pie crust (one half 15-ounce package) unbaked pie crust (one half 15-ounce package)
1 1/2 cups Sour cream
14 oz Can Eagle® Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT EVAPORATED MILK)
1/4 cup Frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
1 pc Egg
1 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
1/4 tsp Ground cinnamon
2 med All-purpose apples, cored, peeled and thinly sliced
1 tbsp Butter or margarine
Apple Cinnamon Glaze
1. This already beautiful fruit tart is stunningly swathed in a 14-inch grapevine wreath trimmed with dried pomegranates, pods and artificial berries-all glued in place with hot melt adhesive. Be sure to set the plate holding the tart on a short bowl to raise it slightly above the wreath and to keep it level during serving.
2. Let refrigerated pie crust stand at room temperature according to package directions.
3. Preheat oven to 375º.
4. On a floured surface, roll pie crust from the center to edge, forming a circle about 13 inches in diameter.
5. Ease pastry into 11-inch tart pan with removable bottom.
6. Trim pastry even with the rim of the pan.
7. Place pan on baking sheet.
8. Bake crust 15 minutes or until lightly golden.
9. Meanwhile, with mixer, beat sour cream, Eagle® Brand, juice concentrate, egg, vanilla and cinnamon in small bowl until smooth.
10. Pour into prebaked pie crust.
11. Bake 25 minutes or until center appears set when shaken.
12. Cool 1 hour on wire rack.
13. In large skillet, cook apples in butter until tender-crisp.
14. Arrange apples on top of pie; drizzle with Apple Cinnamon Glaze.
15. Chill in refrigerator at least 4 hours.
16. Store leftovers loosely covered in refrigerator.
17. Apple Cinnamon Glaze:
18. In small saucepan, combine 1/3 cup frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed; 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon; mix well.
19. Cook and stir over low heat until thickened and bubbly.
20. Prep Time: 10 minutes