Blueberry Burritos, by request of Apple-Tart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
There are two ways to make a blueberry burrito. I'm giving you both.

The first is really a kind of crepe'. I created it for an elder's dinner that our tribal youth were cooking. I had to teach them how to cook baked whitefish, mashed rutabagas, and several other veggies. Then created the blueberry burritos while in the kitchen. They were a huge hit. Here's the recipe.

Crepe' Ingredients:
1 cup all-purpose flour
4 tbs. sugar (or sucralose sweetener)
1.2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder (double acting)
2 large eggs
3/4 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 tbs. cooking oil

Filling:
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup sugar (or sucralose)
1 cup sweet, fresh blueberries

Combine the cream cheese, sour cream and sugar, whisking together until silky smooth. Fold in the berries and set aside.

Whisk together the dry crepe' ingredients. Add the eggs, milk, vanilla, and cooking oil. Whisk until a uniform, smooth batter is formed. Lightly grease a square, non-stick griddle. Spoon 3 to 4 tbs. of the batter onto the griddle, and tilt the pan to coat the cooking surface. Cook over medium heat until the batter is setting on top. Flip and cook for 30 seconds. Remove to a plate. Spoon two tbs of the filling across the center of the crepe. Fold one side to cover the filling. Fold the other side over the first, as if you were making an omelet. Butter and dust with powderd sugar. Sprinkle a bit of cinnamon over the top. Optional, serve with blueberry syrup.

Recipe 2
Filling 1:
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup sugar (or sucralose)
1 cup sweet, fresh blueberries

Filling 2:
1 cup blueberry preserves
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup flour
2 tbs. cinnamon
1 stick butter
Combine all ingredients except the blueberries. Heat in a pan, stirring constantly, until the mixture begins to brown. Remove from heat and fold in the blueberries. Set aside to use in the blueberry burritos.

Coating:
1 cup sugar
2 tbs. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg

Pastry:
1 pkg. 8" flour tortillas
Cooking oil to fill a frying pan 2" deep, or a deep fryer.

Make the filling as in the first recipe. Combine the coating ingredients in a suitable paper lunch bag, or in a large bowl.

Heat the oil until fragrant. Soften the tortillas by brushing with water and placing on a hot griddle for 10 seconds. Remove to a plate and lightly butter. Place 2 generous tbs. of the filling in a line onto the buttered tortilla, close to one side, and leaving about an inch on either end of the line. Roll the filling, tucking the sides into the middle as you roll to make a burrito. Fry in the hot oil until crispy and golden on all sides. Roll the hot burito in the sugar/cinnamon. Serve.

Seeeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

If you were to change it from a burrito to a crepe, you'd have a Blintz! Yum!

omg. Those sound delicious. I'm also a blueberry tart, so thank you!!

Whitefish and rutabagas, eh? Are you in the UP?

i make an apricot thing using flour tortillas. if you can find solo brand pie filling it is perfect. put small amount of pie filling on tortilla, roll very tightly. deep fry and sprinkle with powder sugar when done. delish guess you could use any pie filling you like.

Back
Top Bottom