Breville's Personal Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chef Munky

Honey Badger
I've been wanting this for a while now.
the Personal Pie

Can't wait to try out my own recipes for it. Just ordered it tonight. Took a little bit of negotiating with my husband. Pawned him! :LOL: He understands what I ask for in the kitchen, just means extra good lunches for himself. Easy bargaining table tonight.

I've the Breville Panini maker Panini Quattro love how it's withstood our daily use. For 5 years now. It still looks new. Wonderful product.

Munky.

I've been wanting this for a while now.
the Personal Pie

Can't wait to try out my own recipes for it. Just ordered it tonight. Took a little bit of negotiating with my husband. Pawned him! :LOL: He understands what I ask for in the kitchen, just means extra good lunches for himself. Easy bargaining table tonight.

I've the Breville Panini maker Panini Quattro love how it's withstood our daily use. For 5 years now. It still looks new. Wonderful product.

Munky.

Very nice....look what I'm taking to the bargaining table, I think Shrek is in for it! Café Modena Espresso Machine - Espresso

Heh! That's what he gets for letting me look at links online...:LOL:

I'm curious about the personal pie maker, can you make just one at a time or must you make 4 each time?

I don't see why you couldn't make just one individual. The pies approximate size is 4x4. When the unit is ready and loaded, latched the whole thing still heats up.. Empty or not.

I like that the pies aren't too big or small. You won't have to heat up the entire kitchen by having the oven on. Bake times are reduced.

Haven't found much around for recipes. I bet it would make some nice deep dish pizzas. Pot pies and such.. Make them up ahead of time and freeze for later use.

Breville Pie Maker | Williams-Sonoma

Munky.

2 out of 6 reviewers didn't like it and those 2 had to do with the crust and portion size. I am really intrigued, could be an easy and quick way to use up leftovers AND make my lunches more portable.

Espresso vs FOOD! Tough choice.

Yeah only 2.. Pie crusts are hard to make anyways. Maybe they had a bad recipe to begin with and didn't preheat the unit. Seemed they gave up on it without giving it another try.

You know I forgot to mention that Breville has another pie maker. 2 pie capacity. Deep dish. I really want a pot pie!! :LOL:

Glad I picked the 4. I have a feeling that's going to be used quite a bit around here. And seems simple enough for my boys to use. With some creativity I bet they would make some nice taco bowls using flour tortillas.

Portability!! Didn't even think about that. My husbands job he's on his feet most of the day. These can easily be reheated and eaten on the go. Good idea!

Munky.

Yeah only 2.. Pie crusts are hard to make anyways. Maybe they had a bad recipe to begin with and didn't preheat the unit. Seemed they gave up on it without giving it another try.

You know I forgot to mention that Breville has another pie maker. 2 pie capacity. Deep dish. I really want a pot pie!! :LOL:

Glad I picked the 4. I have a feeling that's going to be used quite a bit around here. And seems simple enough for my boys to use. With some creativity I bet they would make some nice taco bowls using flour tortillas.

Portability!! Didn't even think about that. My husbands job he's on his feet most of the day. These can easily be reheated and eaten on the go. Good idea!

Munky.

Most people don't Grok (understand) pie crust, so they hate making pies. I Grok it so totally that I was the piemaker for umpteen years and grew to hate it!:LOL: Was nice to spread my wings.

Now I have to go look for the 2 pie maker, sounds more like what I need, considering storage space and there's only the 2 of us.

Thanks for helping me spend money, Munky!:ROFLMAO:

kinda pricy, i think. could just make tarts.

Price had nothing to do with it for me Babe. Breville is worth every dime you pay for it, regardless of what you buy. It's not the Sunbeam brand that I could have chosen. Or a George Foreman. I've been extremely happy with the quality and durability of my Panini maker.

Tarts to me are tedious and boring. It's not a tart maker.

I've had my eye on that product for a while now. It's not a one hit wonder.
But hey it's not here yet. I can't have it until Christmas. That was part of the negotiation. Give me time to experiment. I'm sure I'll be able to pull a few recipes off in it :)

Munky.

Most people don't Grok (understand) pie crust, so they hate making pies. I Grok it so totally that I was the piemaker for umpteen years and grew to hate it!:LOL: Was nice to spread my wings.

Now I have to go look for the 2 pie maker, sounds more like what I need, considering storage space and there's only the 2 of us.

Thanks for helping me spend money, Munky!:ROFLMAO:

At last, someone who groks "grok". From one of my very favorite books, Stranger In A Strange Land by probably my favorite author, Robert Heinlein.:angel:

At last, someone who groks "grok". From one of my very favorite books, Stranger In A Strange Land by probably my favorite author, Robert Heinlein.:angel:

Same here...it's too bad he no longer writes. My license plate used to say, "GOT GROK?"

Okay, we've hijacked Munky's thread, sorry Munky!!!

Same here...it's too bad he no longer writes. My license plate used to say, "GOT GROK?"

Okay, we've hijacked Munky's thread, sorry Munky!!!

Don't be sorry.. I was curious about "Grok" Just learned what you meant by that. It's all good, so no worries :)

Munky.

Don't be sorry.. I was curious about "Grok" Just learned what you meant by that. It's all good, so no worries :)

Munky.

"Grok" is to understand so thoroughly that you can do it in your sleep, it's a part of you, the person.

I forget sometimes and it sneaks by me. Just as long as I don't lapse in to Fuzzy (H. Beam Piper's Little Fuzzy) or LOLSpeak (icanhascheezburger.com). Now I have to be careful about letting Na'Vi (from Avatar) sneaking in.

WhoooHoooo! I grok too! :LOL:

Heinlein passed away several years ago now. The last book published was a book called Grumblings from the Grave.

WhoooHoooo! I grok too! :LOL:

Heinlein passed away several years ago now. The last book published was a book called Grumblings from the Grave.

May 8, 1988, I cried...My Mom thought Shrek had died before she figured out I was talking about Heinlein. His wife Virginia passed away a few years ago, January 18, 2003. I had an e-mail relationship with Virginia for a few years until she got ill.:angel:

May 8, 1988, I cried...My Mom thought Shrek had died before she figured out I was talking about Heinlein.

Wow... has it really been 22 years???!!!!????

His wife Virginia passed away a few years ago, January 18, 2003. I had an e-mail relationship with Virginia for a few years until she got ill.:angel:

Really? Wow!!! That is very cool! :)

I think I may have to pull out either Time Enough for Love or Number of the Beast and have a re-read.

Princess..

It's here. Yeah!!! Is it ever a beautiful looking appliance. I'm stunned.
The video and pics haven't done this appliance much justice.

But anyways. I was right. The pies are 4x4, non stick surface. Just guessed when I mentioned it before. It folds up like the panini maker for easy storage. It's heavy. Sleek looking stainless steel chrome design. The cord wraps underneath the unit out of sight when stored. Indicator lights are clearly visible. One year warranty.

They recommend that if you want a buttery taste to use puff pastry or butter puff for the pastry top. And regular pie crusts for the bottom crust. Ready rolled pie crusts are not recommended for the tops.

Most types of bread can be used. White, wholemeal raisin as long as the slices aren't too thick. And that the bread doesn't have scratchy ingredients. It will keep the lid from closing properly.

Filling needs to be cooked and cooled before use.

One ready rolled 9" recipe is enough to make 2 pies.
2 pastry tops and 2 bases.

It whistles while it bakes.. So did Snow White :) letting the steam escape.

It has 13 recipes, included in the manual. Haven't really looked or tried them out yet. This unit will also make muffins..

It's not recommended that only one or two sections be used at a time. Uneven cooking can happen if it's not filled.

The best part of all.. HA! I don't have to wait until Xmas. They let me have my new toy early! What luck.. Think I'll go out and buy a lottery ticket and contemplate the universe now. :LOL:

Munky.

Back
Top Bottom