Cakey Apple Pie.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sarah

Head Chef
Try it for a change,its very good.Actually my husband likes this one better than the usual apple pie.

Ingredients:

6 large apples,peeled,cored and sliced.
1 1/2 tsps sugar,half a tsp ground cinnamon.
12 tbsps butter.
2 c sugar.
2 c flour.
4 eggs.
1 tsp grated lemon peel.
1/4 c slivered toasted almonds.

preheat oven to 350f.In a mixer,cream the butter,slowly add the sugar,beating well.Add the eggs,one at a time,beating well after each addition.Add the lemon peel and the flour,mixing on the lowest speed and mixing only until ingredients are blended.Dont overbeat.Spread a little of the batter on a greased pie pan(a nonstick one will be better).place apple slices over it.Mix together the sugar and the cinnamon.Sprinke half of the sugar cinnamon mixture over the fruit.Sprinke toasted almonds too.Spread the rest of the batter over the fruit and the almonds.Sprinkle the remaining sugar cinnamon mixture over the batter.Bake at 350f for one hour or another 10,15 minutes if the center is still not cooked through.Serve at room temp or chilled.Enjoy!

Sarah Is it 12tbsps butter or 1 or 2 tablespoon of butter? You won't believe it but I made Apple Crisp this afternoon with the cheddar cheese that I asked for some time ago. I will try this next time when I buy apples. Do y ou use the Granny Smith or just regular? Sounds different. If your husband likes it that is all that matters.

Sarah Is it 12tbsps butter or 1 or 2 tablespoon of butter? You won't believe it but I made Apple Crisp this afternoon with the cheddar cheese that I asked for some time ago. I will try this next time when I buy apples. Do y ou use the Granny Smith or just regular? Sounds different. If your husband likes it that is all that matters.

thats ok,u must have pressed it again and again......well its 12 tbsps,that is 10+2. :) ,and u can use any kind of apples,not necessarily granny smith.Just make sure they r sweet! :)

sounds great

will definitely try this recipe next time......since being on this site i am starting to become a good cook again....thanx guys :)

The local FFA chapter sells fruit every year, and we are very good supporters. The friuit that my parents bought just came in, and this sounds like a lovely way to use the apples. Thanks for the wonderful recipe!

CookinBlondie*

CookinBlondie said:
The local FFA chapter sells fruit every year, and we are very good supporters. The friuit that my parents bought just came in, and this sounds like a lovely way to use the apples. Thanks for the wonderful recipe!

CookinBlondie*
do let me know the results if you make it!

Back
Top Bottom