Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
very sweet tweak to the pecan pie:LOL:
If using a Pillsbury pie crust or a home made one...fit into a 9 inch pie tin...Line with foil and weigh it down with drie beans or weights place in preheated 350 oven til dry but NOT brown.
Filling:
3-eggs, lightly beaten
1-c brown sugar
1-c dark corn syrup
1/4-c flour
3-oz. unsweetened chocolate, broken into pieces
1/4-c bourbon
1/2-c unsalted butter, cut into pieces
1/4-c pecan halves
Cream the eggs and brown sugar. Add corn syrup and flour. Melt the chocolate in double boiler with the bourbon. When melted add the butter. Pour chocolate mixture into the egg mixture and mix well. Pour into pie crust and arrange the pecans on top. Bake in preheated 300 oven for 1 hour and 10 min or til well browned and slightly puffed.
serves 6-8..
kadesma

I think I have seen this recipe before. I will have to check my files, but I am pretty sure this was the one I tried, it was a winner! I also drizzled melted chocolate over this after it was cooled, just to make it pretty. Mmmmmmmmmmmm! Thanks kadesma

Thanks ALix, I like the idea of drizzling chocolate over the top..Will try that next time I make it..Thank YOU:)

kadesma

*Christina* said:
wow

Thats sounds really good, I think I am only allowed to come to this forum when I am not hangry :ROFLMAO:
Hi Christina,
Come anytime you want:LOL: I find I don't gain any weight while I'm visiting here, it's when I hit my kitchen that things go into my mouth:LOL: Glad you found us a big WELCOME to you.
kadesma

ok thanks , I will try to bake it at the weekend :chef: :)

Lindatoo: its depens how big is your clothes :-p

Kadesma: Thank you for the welcome :) :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom