Coconut Cream Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lyndalou

Head Chef
Does anyone have a TNT recipe for this pie? I'd like to make it for a friend for Easter.

Thanks in advance,

Lyndalou

Coconut Cream Pie

½ cup sugar
¼ cup rounded of corn starch
2/3 cup cream of coconut (like coco lopez in the drink mixer section)
¼ tsp salt
2 cups milk
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 tbs butter
1 cup coconut

In saucepan combine sugar, corn starch, cream of coconut, and salt, whisk to combine. Add milk and place saucepan over medium heat whisking until thick and boiling. While whisking the eggs pour ½ hot mixture into eggs to temper them. Pour the egg mixture back into the sauce pan and return to a boil and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat and whisk in butter and vanilla, add coconut and mix well. Pour into baked pie shell. After cooling completely top with sweetened freshly whipped cream (accept no substitutes!)

This is my favorite recipe. I round the cornstarch in the cup to insure that the filling sets up nice. My mom's recipe uses flour as a thickener, but I feel that the cornstarch gives the filling a melt in your mouth quality.

Coconut Cream Pie

½ cup sugar
¼ cup rounded of corn starch
2/3 cup cream of coconut (like coco lopez in the drink mixer section)
¼ tsp salt
2 cups milk
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 tbs butter
1 cup coconut

In saucepan combine sugar, corn starch, cream of coconut, and salt, whisk to combine. Add milk and place saucepan over medium heat whisking until thick and boiling. While whisking the eggs pour ½ hot mixture into eggs to temper them. Pour the egg mixture back into the sauce pan and return to a boil and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat and whisk in butter and vanilla, add coconut and mix well. Pour into baked pie shell. After cooling completely top with sweetened freshly whipped cream (accept no substitutes!)

This is my favorite recipe. I round the cornstarch in the cup to insure that the filling sets up nice. My mom's recipe uses flour as a thickener, but I feel that the cornstarch gives the filling a melt in your mouth quality.

your recipe sounds just wonderful,i've been craving a coconut pie ever since some other member mentioned it in another thread,and your recipe looks soooo good and easy too,i will def try it soon...i think coconut makes the best of desserts!

go to yumyum.com type in double coconut merange pie, that one is so good.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom