How to cook American bilberry pie?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I believe you are talking about blueberry pie, and I will post a recipe in the morning, when my schnapps has worn off. You will need a lemon.

I would love to have one of your favorite recipes, perhaps for cabbage, potatoes or beets. I have given up sweets in favor of alcohol.

Elf, I do not know.
Here of what I wish to make a pie:
wikipedia wiki Bilberry
wikipedia wiki File:Blaeberry.jpeg
<< this pic is from wikipedia

they look like what we call blueberries in the USA.
< < blueberries

msmofet, Thanks!!!

In general in Latin sounds here so: Vaccínium myrtíllus.
wikipedia wiki Vaccinium_myrtillus
I resemble at you it refers to Blueberry.
But at us electronic translators and dictionaries give translation from Russian on English here such only: Bilberry.

Wished to take an interest still and in the USA how many costs Bilberry (Blueberry)? We for example have 8 American dollars of 1 kg fresh frozen Bilberry (Blueberry).
Here a photo of packing:
yfrog.com / 2h1205091726j

msmofet, Thanks!!!

In general in Latin sounds here so: Vaccínium myrtíllus.
wikipedia wiki Vaccinium_myrtillus
I resemble at you it refers to Blueberry.
But at us electronic translators and dictionaries give translation from Russian on English here such only: Bilberry.

Wished to take an interest still and in the USA how many costs Bilberry (Blueberry)? We for example have 8 American dollars of 1 kg fresh frozen Bilberry (Blueberry).
Here a photo of packing:
yfrog.com / 2h1205091726j

Blueberries 4.40 oz pkg (local Shop-Rite Market)
$0.57/oz Per Unit
$2.50 Price

According to Wikipedia, the "bilberry" is a European blueberry, very similar in taste to the North American "blueberry," although smaller, darker in color, and are deep purple inside whereas blueberries are green inside until cooked. Here's the link: Bilberry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I imagine you could successfully substitute bilberries for blueberries in any recipe.

Constance, Thank you very much!!!

Here my favourite dish. Has found in the Internet the recipe. Itself did not prepare!!! Always I buy ready in shop.

Meat pies

It be required to you: for the test: a flour - 400 gram; dry yeast - 1 teaspoon; sugar - 1 tablespoon; a butter - 2 tablespoons; an egg - 1 pieces; salt - 1/4 teaspoon; water - about 130 ml; for a stuffing: pork - 600-700 gram; an egg boiled - 1 pieces; salt, pepper - to taste; oil creamy - 50 gram; a meat broth; oil vegetative for to fry
To increase

To prepare for a dough on опаре. A flour some times to sift. To dissolve yeast in warm water, to add 1 item л. Sugar and 1 item л. Flours to stir and give постоять 30 minutes while опара to not foam. To add the remained flour, kindled (but not hot!) a butter, hardly the shaken up egg, salt. To knead a dough up to uniformity and to lay in a bowl, having covered with a napkin. To leave in a warm place at 2-3 o'clock. When the dough will rise, обмять it and again to put in a warm place on an hour. When the dough again will rise, once again обмять it. For a stuffing meat to cut with slices 1х1 sm, to fry before formation of a crust. To pass meat through a meat grinder, to add рубленое a boiled egg and to season to taste with salt and pepper.

Dough to roll in a thick plait, to divide it on 15-18 slices. From each slice to roll a ball and to give it расстояться approximately 10-15 minutes. Hands to generate from balls round flat cakes thickness of 4-5 mm.

On a flat cake to lay a portion of a stuffing, preliminary слепив it in the small platen. The stuffing should not be loose.

To connect edges of a flat cake to the center расстегайчика.

Edges Zashchipnut, having left the middle opened. Противень to oil, lay on it расстегаи on distance of 5 sm from each other, to give постоять 15 minutes. To grease расстегаи яйцом and to bake at 200С approximately 15-20 minutes. Ready расстегаи to take out from an oven, to cover with a napkin and to give постоять some minutes. Then in each pie to put on a slice of a butter and to pour in on 1 item л. A broth.

gotovim ru / recepts / sbs / rasstegay shtml

SDimon...

Just to help you out...the English word for постоять is "knead."

I think расстояться means "let rest."

расстегаи is "baking sheet."

Zashchipnut means fold up.

No, I don't speak Russian, but I kinda figured this out from your recipe. You express yourself very well.

Would love to hear about what it's like where you live.

Constance,

постоять - to set aside aside or let rest
расстояться - to set aside aside or let rest
расстегаи - to not be translated into english language - kind of russian baked pies with an aperture from above, from barmy dough with various stuffings.
ru wikipedia org / wiki / Расстегай
Zashchipnut - to connect

I live in Russia.

Ce sont des myrtilles pour nous.

Ici, les tartes à la myrtille sont composées d'un fond de pâte sablée, d'une couche de crème patissière montée et enfin de myrtilles au sucre.

tarte-aux-myrtilles-zDE169.jpg

You might be interested in this article on blueberries from today's (5/27/2009) Los Angeles Times newspaper: CLICK ME

The article includes one recipe I want to try. It's for Blueberry Buckle, a very simple traditional American cake that has blueberries in it.

Back
Top Bottom