Ideas for mini-tarts (sweet or savory)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cave76

Washing Up
Ideas for mini-tarts (sweet or savory)

I actually mean how can I use a store bought pie crust (the kind where you buy two unbaked crusts in a pkg.).

I want to put cupcake paper liners in a muffin tin, line it with the unbaked crust (of course I'd have to figure out the right size to cut them) then put in store bought pie filling.

The operative words are "I want to do as little cooking/preparation as possible!"

Would putting the leftover scraps of pie crust back together and re-rolling it be possible? Or perhaps do as my Mother did ages ago, make strips of L.O. uncooked pie crust with cinnamon and sugar then bake them.

As you can see I haven't thought this out. But am open to any ideas. Savory is ok too.

I don't see why re-rolling scraps wouldn't work; the cinnamon-sugar idea should work fine, too. Or you could make little dough balls and dip them in garlic butter, then sprinkle with salt and Italian seasoning and bake them.

For savory, you could buy thick, chunky soup to fill the tarts. I'm thinking a creamy turkey or chicken chowder with veggies; it would be like a chicken pot pie without the top, or a (insert animal herder here) pie without the mash on top.

GG----- your idea about a faux turkey pot pie sounds intriguing. Maybe using a canned soup that is supposed to be combined with water or milk----only don't.

Back
Top Bottom