ISO any good pie dough and filling?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Power-Append

Assistant Cook
I want to make pie, but everytime I make it, the dough is hard and the filling dosen't taste good. Got any pie dough and pie filling recipe?

Thank you :)

I want to make pie, but everytime I make it, the dough is hard and the filling dosen't taste good. Got any pie dough and pie filling recipe?

Thank you :)

I never make my own pie crust, I use Pillsbury refridgerated crusts. They have always turned out great. If you like cherry pie - I mix canned cherry pie filling with thawed dark sweet cherries. Save the juice from the thawed cherries and add enough water to make 1/4 cup, and add two tablespoons of corn starch, stir and let sit for 10 mins.

Add 1/2 - 3/4 cup sugar to the pie filling or sweeten to taste, add 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger. Stir and mix the cornstarch liquid with the pie filling. Pour into a prepared pie crust. Dot with a tablespoon of butter and cover with the second crust. Bake at 450 degrees for 10 mins, then turn the oven down to 400 degrees and bake for 35-40 mins. You should cover the edge of the crust with foil to prevent burning and remove the foil about 5 mins before the pie is done.

Hope this works for you.

Back
Top Bottom