ISO Joy of Cooking pie crust recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

suziquzie

Chef Extraordinaire
Can someone send it my way? Somehow I can't find my book anywhere. I think I left it at my DH's aunt's house, and keep forgetting to mention it!! It's the bestest pie crust!

I could but they are not ever ever home.

I think my Dad may have it, I just got antsy and wanted instant gratification!!! I have to wait til the sun is up to call him! Funny, he used to have to wait for me to wake up..... Old age works verry strangely!

Hey have you tried Google? There is a link to Joy of Cooking via the publishers (Simon and Schuster -sp?) and there is an online video of making a pie. Might be the one you are after. My ISP is being painful again and only lets me do somethings. At the moment, I can post on the net but can't get emails!! Nor can I launch a media player - any media player.

Hey I just found myself on Google!!!

I put in Joy of Cooking pie crust recipe and my post here is like #5!

I have officially Googled myself!!! :cool:

I'm not having much luck. I'll just have to wait for the old man to get up. :sleep:

I guess I can use my Better homes and Gardens version. Crust is crust I guess as long as I use what I like.

Ok!!! Thanks!!

It took awhile to load but I got it. They leave much bigger butter chunks than I do, and they said veg shortening, it used to say lard, but I supose they have to be PC with the ingredients now!!

Thanks again!

No problem! Gave me something different to do before I go to bed. Never knew you could get the pastry mixing gadget. I have always hated rubbing the fat into the flour bit! Not very tactile I guess.

That's funny... my Dad has always had one of those mixing things.

Now you can rest well knowing you accomplished something for the day!

Two things cos I also trimmed the paths of all those plants that put on a spring burst of growth! I haven't stopped patting myself on the back for that one!

Back
Top Bottom