ISO keylime pie recipes...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kimbaby

Executive Chef
I had a frozen one last night,not bad, but
it left me wanting the home made version
any good ones aout there?
THANKS IN ADVANCE,KIM:)

I have tried many different recipes - even one from foodnetwork and one from Emeril, and then I found this one. It is by far the easiest. Better yet, this is the one that everyone likes the most. I have never made it without getting asked for the recipe.

Famous Key Lime Pie
1/2 cup key lime juice
3 egg yolks
14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Wire wisk all ingredients until smooth, pour into graham crack crust, bake for ten minutes.

Graham Cracker Crust
16 graham crackers, crushed
3 Tablespoons sugar
1/4 c. Margarine

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix and bake for 10-12 minutes.

michelemarie....where in your supermarket do you find the keylime juice? Is it by the bottle lemon and lime juices or inthe juice isle? Any particular brand the best?

The keylime juice I buy is in the juice aisle - I cannot remember the name - but it clearly says key lime. Maybe Aunt Nellie's or something like that? It has a whitish label with pinkish writing. I would know it if I saw it - but it is in the juice aisle and is KEY LIME juice.

I just use the limes from my lime tree. It is not a Key lime as they are grown in FL but my Bearres Lime makes a good pie too. I also add grated peel.

This recipe is a little different, but it's one of my favorites. The texture comes out similar to a custard-style cheesecake, but not quite. If you have ever bought the Edward's Key Lime Pies in the frozen section at the grocery store, this recipe comes out very close...only better.

I usually skip the lime zest altogether, and I use a mixer instead of a food processor for the filling.

Key Lime Pie

For the crust
1 cup zweiback crumbs or graham cracker crumbs
2/3 cup blanched almonds, toasted lightly, cooled completely, and
ground fine in a food processor
1/2 stick (1/4 cup) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1/4 cup sugar

For filling
1 pound cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup fresh lime juice
a 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon finely grated fresh lime zest

Make the crust:
In a bowl combine well the crumbs, the almonds, the butter, and the sugar, press the mixture onto the bottom and side of a 10-inch pie plate, and bake the shell in the middle of a preheated 350°F. oven for 10 minutes, or until it is browned lightly. Let the shell cool on a rack.

Make filling
In a food processor blend cream cheese, lime juice, and condensed milk until smooth. Add zest and pulse just until combined. Pour filling into shell.

Cherry2000 said:
This recipe is a little different, but it's one of my favorites. The texture comes out similar to a custard-style cheesecake, but not quite. If you have ever bought the Edward's Key Lime Pies in the frozen section at the grocery store, this recipe comes out very close...only better.

I usually skip the lime zest altogether, and I use a mixer instead of a food processor for the filling.

Key Lime Pie

For the crust
1 cup zweiback crumbs or graham cracker crumbs
2/3 cup blanched almonds, toasted lightly, cooled completely, and
ground fine in a food processor
1/2 stick (1/4 cup) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1/4 cup sugar

For filling
1 pound cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup fresh lime juice
a 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon finely grated fresh lime zest

Make the crust:
In a bowl combine well the crumbs, the almonds, the butter, and the sugar, press the mixture onto the bottom and side of a 10-inch pie plate, and bake the shell in the middle of a preheated 350°F. oven for 10 minutes, or until it is browned lightly. Let the shell cool on a rack.

Make filling
In a food processor blend cream cheese, lime juice, and condensed milk until smooth. Add zest and pulse just until combined. Pour filling into shell.

This sounds like a good one, too.

Back
Top Bottom