ISO perfect pastries for a wedding reception

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
I'll be baking up a storm for my youngest daughter's wedding reception come May. I have made all kinds of pastries, from cream puffs and eclairs to yeast-risen filled doughnuts. I'm looking for pastries that are fairly easy to make for a crowd, hold up well, and the fillings to go with them.

Here's what I'm thinking so far:
1. Puffs surrounding a bowl of fillings, so that they don't get soggy. Guests will simply fill their own puffs from a collection of chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla mouse, and maybe a stabilized chantilly cream.

2. Pecan tarts - like miniature pecan pie

3. Various cookies

4. Fruit rolls made from fruit fillings rolled into puff pastrie and baked, then cut into pinwheels.

5. Cream-cheese filled pinwheels, made as above.

6. Cream Puff pastries filled with New York Cheesecake custard

7. Ganache-filled eclairs

Anybody have a recipe for a light and crispy cookie that can be filled with fruit or chocolate, and is elegant to look at?

Cake deserts are out because that's already taken care of.

Need more ideas, and these have to be made without specialty pans or tools, and in a home kitchen.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Miniature - anythings! Mini Cheesecakes, mini streudals, mini fruit flans, mini pavlovas, brandy snaps, lamingtons, cannoli, struffoli, mini lemon meringue pies, mini tiramisu.

These pastries look nice.Not sure if you can find a recipe for any of them or if you can wing it. How about individual rum cakes, and maybe cannoli ?

Jacques Pastries

I agree, mini everything. And the Jaques Pastries, I should be able to wing it with some of those mousse deserts, especially if I make them small, as in finger-food size.

Thanks for the ideas. Inspiration is what I needed.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Ok. After mulling things over, and figuring ease of preperation with limited tools and space, I think these will work. Let me know if they strike you as appropriate. Also, this is a desert bar at the reception. There will be no savory offerings.

Chocolate Mouse Filled Cigars
Raspberry Mouse Filled Cigars
Cheesecake Tarts
Pecan-Pie Tarts
Key-lime Pie Tarts
Protiferoles, glazed and stacked in a pyramid
Stabilized Chantilly Cream Filled Eclairs
Cream Puffs Filled with Bavarian Cream
Chocolate Flavored Stabilized Whipped Cream filled Puffs
Cheese-filled Rolled Puff Pastry Pinwheels
Strawberry-filled Rolled Puff Pastry Pinwheels
Yeast-Raised Glazed Douhnut Holles
Stawberry Buttercream filled Yeast Raised Glazed Douhnut Holles
Date/Pecan filled Baklava Squares
Ganache Filled Puffs

The cigars are tubular shells, similar to a sugar cone, filled with some kind of creamy filling. They will be made using a sugar cone batter recipe, cooked on a crepe pan, then rolled while still hot around a plastic or metal cylinder.

Seeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Congrats in advance, Goodweed. :)

How about petite fours? Yum, Yum!

Petit Fours - Allrecipes

Cheesecake cookie cups. You can use different pie filling flavors, i.e. lemon, blueberry etc., - and different flavors of cookie dough - i.e. chocolate, etc.

Cheesecake Cookie Cups

White & dark Chocolate-covered Tiramisu Balls (Bon Bons)

Food Network: Tiramisu Bon Bons

Cupcake Bouquets

YouTube - A CUPCAKE BOUQUET: FOR MOM'S SPECIAL DAY

Cupcakes How To Make a CupCake Bouquet on CakeCentral.com

Cupcake Bouquet

Blueberry Cheecake Bars
Blueberry Cheesecake Bars (Cookie Mix) from Betty Crocker

Chocolate dipped strawberrrys on top of spongecake hearts. Cut the spongecake w heart-shaped cookie cutters. Or, on top of heart-shaped sugar cookies.

Mni cannolis

Still thinking.

Last edited:
What a cool idea for a reception, GW!!!

I dread going to sit-down-dinner wedding receptions.

I applaud your daughter's decision, and also your choice of desserts! They look so spectacular that I would even WANT an invitation to attend! :)

Best of luck to you, and best wishes to your daughter!

Lee

Goodweed, I have an idea for you.

Years ago, my parents and I used to go to a fishing resort (Stroud's?) up in northern Wisconsin. The chef made creme puffs shaped like swans. I'm not sure just how he did it, but that would be something special and beautiful for your daughter's wedding if we can figure it out.

Goodweed, I have an idea for you.

Years ago, my parents and I used to go to a fishing resort (Stroud's?) up in northern Wisconsin. The chef made creme puffs shaped like swans. I'm not sure just how he did it, but that would be something special and beautiful for your daughter's wedding if we can figure it out.

Is that in sillohette or 3-D?

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Back
Top Bottom