Looking for a good recipe for chestnut-based cake or cookies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dcgator

Cook
I love chestnuts, and I remember my mother making cookies and cake from these wonderful chestnuts we got fresh from the supermarket.

HELP!

Are you talking about water chestnuts or the regular chestnuts with the thick outer shell? Have you tried to Google for a recipe? :angel:

Addie, water chestnuts aren't suitable for sweet baked goods, they are a tuber vegetable mainly used in Asian cooking. Chestnuts are a nut grown on trees. Two completely different things. :)

dcgator, I have to leave the house right now but did a quick google search, and there seems to be quite a few chestnut cake recipes out there. Hope you find what you're looking for.

Addie, water chestnuts aren't suitable for sweet baked goods, they are a tuber vegetable mainly used in Asian cooking. Chestnuts are a nut grown on trees. Two completely different things. :)

dcgator, I have to leave the house right now but did a quick google search, and there seems to be quite a few chestnut cake recipes out there. Hope you find what you're looking for.

But there are recipes for cakes using water chestnuts. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom