Making puff pastry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Julia made the puff pastry on her show. What I remember most was that each time she folded it, she would gently make an indentation with her fingers to show herself what fold she was one. All the way up to eight times she folded it. And she added more than a pound of butter to it. She would add butter to each fold.

It looks like a lot of work yet at the same time the hardest part is to keep it cold with the butter. The folding part is easy, if you can remember how many times you have folded it.

How do you cut out circles without crushing the layers?
When we were taught to make it at school we had to put it in the 'fridge between every rolling:mad:

Beautiful, bliss. And, by now, I bet they're all gone. ;)

Is this where I say neener neener? ;) I was waiting for you to get here ;) until our appetites well, demolished them.

I have three frozen packs of the 1.25 or better lbs of puff pastry now. I'm thinking some ham and cheese triangles. MMMMMMM Hubs said the pastries would be better with only one half of an apricot on each, so more cream cheese stuff per apricot half. I might do that next time. I've got some homemade cheese, the caerphilly which is much like feta (though not quite as salty), some spinach (left over from making the sage derby cheese), so I'm thinking those lovely spanakopitas (spelling!) would be good too.

I checked around and I can't find a restaurant supply with puff pastry within 20 miles, I'll keep looking but it was fun to make, so I can't try too hard.

Back
Top Bottom