Multi-Category Dessert

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
This one has no name as of yet, and I have yet to make it. But I have made something similar and so know the technique and application works. This recipe is for a layered dessert with a graham cracker crust, a bottom layer of cherry crisp, a middle layer of New york Cheesecake, and a top layer of blueberry pie filling. Here's how you make it.

Break out your favorite cheesecake recipe. You will not be using a water bath for this one though. Line a 9 inch (I use a ten inch pan, but this is more difficult) with parchment paper on the bottom and the inside vertical sides. Fill with the cheesecake filling and bake as per normal directions. Let cool completely. Remove the sides, and gently slide a thin, plastic cutting sheet under the baked custard. Carefully set to the side.

Using the same pan, make the normal graham cracker filling with butter and sugar and press into the pan. Chill in the freezer until very cold. Fill with cherry pie filling and top with the crisp topping (flour, brown sugar, butter, oatmeal, cinamon, nutmeg, and chopped walnuts). Bake until the cherry crisp with the graham craker crust is done, using your favorite cherry crisp recipe.

When cool, remove the springform pan sides again. You will find that the cheesecake custard shrank while baking, and will fit perfectly on top of, and onto the cherry crisp desert, inside the pan. Place the sides back onto the pan and top the cheesecake custard with firm blueberry pie filling. Chill and serve.

No one will know how you made three sumptuous deserts all in the same pan, as each takes differeing cooking times and techniques. This is a show-stopper.

When I made a similar desert, I filled the graham cracker crust with a ganache and placed the cheesecake on top of it. I then put whipped cream on top of all. It worked wonderfully well. But I believe this one has more "WOW" factor, and will taste better.

I will be making this desert for the next pot luck I participate in. But be prepared for sticker shock. This desert will cost you between 25 and 30 bucks to make. So save it for something very special indeed.

Seeeeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom