Pumpkin Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My son has the original first edition of JOC book that his father left when he died. I and I don't know of anyone here that doesn't love JOC. :angel:

Most of the recipes are fine in JoC but I don't have an updated edition. No way I'm going to cook a pork roast to 185 F.....:ohmy:. I still remember the days of trichinosis.

My kids use the recipe for pumpkin pie that is on the Libby's label......I use the one in JoC and have been using it since the day I got the book.

Now you do ;) I don't even have a copy.[/QUOTE]

Oh my! A first for me.

Due to down sizing, I am down to just one cookbook. A very old Good Housekeeping cookbook. Once I realized I could look up any recipe on line, it made down sizing much easier. But I hated to give up my copy of Baking With Julia that she signed for me on the street. :angel:

012.JPG

Here we go!
Cross your fingers for me...

Beautiful job on the crust. And the filling looks perfect. That crust is better than I can do. I take the easy way out with a fork. I have one of those deep pie plates with no rim to make that kind of edge. I hate it. I also have a regular Pyrex one with an edge. Of course my kids always want a deep dish pie. The dish with no edge.

My daughter asked me what I wanted for Christmas. Had no idea. I just started my list. A regular Pyrex pie plate with a lip. Second on the list. A serrated veggie peeler. I am so cheap to buy presents for. :angel:

015.JPG

016.JPG

DagNabit!

It looked so pretty when I pulled it out
of the hot box, then...
it started to cool and CRACKED!!!
WHAT THE HECK?!
Just like Cheesecakes do... so,
I have a can of Reddi Wip at hand, it'll be fine.
It smells delish!
The WHOLE HOUSE smells lovely
of Apple and Pumpkin Pie
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

View attachment 23879

View attachment 23880

DagNabit!

of the hot box, then...
WHAT THE HECK?!
It smells delish!
of Apple and Pumpkin Pie

You can avoid that crack by cooking a bit less, it should jiggle like jello in the center. If it puffs and domes all the way across it is over done.

BUT, it's still delicious and really doesn't affect the texture like it would a straight up custard pie.

Still looks good, K-girl! Nice job!

Hm, I misplaced my fork...

Last edited:
What bakechef said. But it still looks delicious. Don't despair. Whipped cream can fix anything. :angel:

View attachment 23879

View attachment 23880

DagNabit!

of the hot box, then...
WHAT THE HECK?!
It smells delish!
of Apple and Pumpkin Pie

This morning my low carb pumpkin "pie" cracked too!!!

I think the only real solution is practice, practice, practice!!! :pig:

Not the prettiest pie I've ever made (almond flour crust just doesn't crimp worth a darn), but it's diet friendly! :LOL:

By the way, for the last few years I've used that "Extra Smooth Pumpkin Pie" recipe that Cooking Goddess linked to above. It's become a favorite. This year I simply made it sugar free.

img_1445319_0_3e00c13154b1e3c8fce9273c705ceff4.jpg

Steve, I like the fork for the edge. I do not have the patience to go all fancy for the edge of the crust. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom