REC- Blackberry Pie(TNT)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crewsk

Master Chef
I made this today & it's wonderful! I got the recipe from www.cooks.com. I also posted a pic of it in the gallery. I used a pre-made frozen pie crust to save on time & clean-up.

Pastry for 2-crust 9 inch pie
3/4 c. sugar
1/3 c. flour
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
4 c. blackberries
1 1/2 tbsp. butter
Milk (opt.)
Roll out half the pastry and fit into 9 inch pie plate. Combine sugar, flour and cinnamon. Toss with blackberries, pour into pie shell and dot with butter. Cover with top crust, brush lightly with milk and make slits in top with knife point. Bake in preheated 425 degree oven for 35 minutes or until browned and bubbly. Serve warm.

I was hoping you'd post this. Thanks!
Did you use fresh or frozen blackberries? The fresh ones around here right now are just the tiny little half pint packages that cost an arm and a leg.

I used frozen, but I can't wait to use fresh(I'll be picking a lot this summer). I'm glad you asked that PA, I ment to put it in when I posted the recipe.

Another question, crewsk--did you thaw the berries first and if so did you drain them at all?

I'm going to the store tonight to get the ingredients! :)

Thanks elf, PA, Maidrite, & middie!:)

Sorry it took so long for me to get back PA! Some were thawed, about a cup, & the rest were frozen. I had a partial bag in the freezer when I decided to make it last night so I let them thaw out & drained them. The other 3C. were still frozen when I put them in.

Thanks crewsk! This is on my list of things to do tomorrow. I need to make something to welcome new neighbors that moved in down the street but the pie will be for ME! I think I'll try ABJ's strawberry bread for the newbies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom