REC: French raspberry and lime tartlets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Piccolina

Executive Chef
I love raspberries, they are one of the culinary keywords that I search for the very most, and I've hit a lucky streak recently in the raspberry recipe finding department (lol, say that three times in a row quickly :LOL:). If only I had all the ingredients for this on hand, I'd be baking in the middle of the night!

Tartlettes aux Framboises alla Sauce Caramel aux Framboises

carrastart.jpg

INGREDIENTS:

• 24 sweet tartlet shells
  • 8 oz. mascarpone cheese (depending on how large your tart shells are)
  • zest from one lime + 1 teaspoon of lime juice
  • 1/2 pint of fresh raspberries
  • FOR THE CARAMEL
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
  • 8 oz. frozen raspberries, defrosted and at room temperature. Pureed in a food processor or blender
PREPARATION:

1. Mix the mascarpone cheese with the lime zest and 1 teaspoon of lime juice.

2. Fill the tarts with the lime cream.

3. Top each tartlette with 3/4 raspberries. (Depends on the size of the raspberries).
Cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.

To make the raspberry caramel:

1. Put the sugar and water in a saucepan and place over medium low heat. Cook until the sugar dissolves.

2. Increase the heat to med-high and bring the sugar syrup to a boil. Simmer until it has a light golden color.

3. Whisk in the butter and the raspberry puree.

4. Simmer over medium heat until the mixture has thickend and will coat the back of a spoon.

5. Remove from heat and pour through a sieve. Allow to come to room temperature before using.

To serve:

Arrange the tarts on a plate. Drizzle the raspberry caramel over the tops. Serve any remaining caramel in a jug on the side.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom