Rec...Struesel Topped Creamy Pumpkin Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

middie

Chef Extraordinaire
my sister gave me this recipe so i thought i'd pass it along to you guys

1 ready crust graham cracker pie crust

1 1/4 cups milk
1 cup pumpkin puree
2 4 0z. boxes cheesecake flavored instant pudding
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 8 oz tub whipped topping, thawed and divided

topping:
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon butter

Stir together the milk and pumpkin puree in a large bowl until smooth. Add pudding mixes and the pumpkin pie spice. Beat with a whisk until it's well blended. Gently stir in 1/2 of the whipped topping.

Spoon mixture into pie crust and chill at least 4 hours or until the pie is set.

Prepare the topping by mixing the walnuts, brown sugar, and butter in a small covered microwaveable bowl. Set on high and microwave for about 2 1/2 minutes until it's bubbly, stirring once. Cool. Sprinkle over pie just before serving.

Use remaining whipped topping to serve ontop of the pie.

Last edited:
That sounds really good I am going to have to try it at thanksgiving, my family loves pumkin pies. Pie is a big thing at our holidays, cause alot of the people in my family love to cook. So of course they are going to bring something over, and its usually pie or some kind of dessert. So now I have a new recipe I can show them, Thank You.

I'm sure that is a keeper!
I second that one! I like the twist of adding a crumbly topping as opposed to leaving exposed or covering it in crust. I think I'd add a just a pinch of cinnamon or nutmeg to the topping as well. Cool recipe middiemiddie, thanks! :)

Back
Top Bottom