Rosemarie's Peanut Butter Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Raine

Executive Chef
Rosemarie's Peanut Butter Pie

Ingredients:

3 egg yolks
Pinch salt
2 ½ cups milk
¾ cup sugar
½ cup flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup smooth peanut butter
1 cup heavy cream, whipped
½ cup peanuts, roasted

Directions:

Place pie crust in pan and prick all over with fork. Place in the freezer for 15 to 20 minutes.

Preheat oven to 450 F. Bake crust for 12 to 15 minutes, until golden. Cool on a wire rack.

For filling, combine egg yolks, salt and milk in a heavy saucepan. Mix well. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until warm. Combine sugar and flour in a small bowl and gradually add to milk mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened. Boil for 1 minute. Remove from the heat. Stir in vanilla and peanut butter until blended. Let cool slightly.

Pour filling into pie shell. Chill thoroughly. Garnish with whipped cream and peanuts. Makes 8 to 12 servings.

PER SERVING: Cal 337 (56% fat) Fat 22 g (8 g sat) Fiber 1 g Chol 83 mg Sodium 173 mg Carb 30 g Calcium 82 mg

This is an excellent recipe. I love the use of Nutter Butters in the crust.

Mad Hatter's Peanut Pie
1 c Nutter Butter cookies, crushed
1/2 c Light brown sugar, firmly packed
1/4 c Butter, melted
2 c Peanut butter
2 c Sugar
16 oz Cream cheese, room temp
2 tb Butter, melted
2 ts Vanilla
1 1/2 c Whipping cream
4 oz Semi-sweet chocolate
3 tb Hot coffee
Honey roasted peanuts, crushed, for garnish

1.Combine crumbs, brown sugar and 1/4 cup melted butter. Press into bottom and halfway up sides of 9 inch springform pan or pie pan.
2.Beat peanut butter, sugar, cream cheese, 2 tb melted butter and vanilla in large bowl of electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
3.Beat cream until soft peaks form. Fold whipping cream into peanut butter mixture. Spoon carefully into crust. Refrigerate 6 hours.
4.Melt chocolate with coffee in double boiler over gently simmering water. Spread melted chocolate mixture carefully over chilled filling. Refrigerate until firm. Garnish just before serving with crushed peanuts.

Oh, what see my tyred eyes :shock:

I like the amerikan recipes with Peanut butter... mmmhhhh.... yammi, yammi.

But here in Germany Peanut butter is not so cheap. How much cost it in the USA??

In the nearest chance I will try one of your recepes.

lg Tanja :P

karaburun said:
Oh, what see my tyred eyes :shock:

I like the amerikan recipes with Peanut butter... mmmhhhh.... yammi, yammi.

But here in Germany Peanut butter is not so cheap. How much cost it in the USA??

In the nearest chance I will try one of your recepes.

lg Tanja :P

Hi there, great to have you with us :D Peanut butter prices here vary from brand to brand but on average of 4 $ for a large container. I hope you find a way of getting it :)

Back
Top Bottom