Savory Mini Pies - Tips, Ideas and Recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have not tried this, but would love to hear how they turn out. What a great idea!

Wow, it is hot out now, and a good time to use the mini pie maker. Thanks for the reminder. May have to think of something I can make.......:huh:

I just went out into the kitchen to start my mini apple pies. Much to my dismay, I have everything except the parchment paper. Can I use rounds of wax paper instead? Has anyone done it that way? HELP! I really l want to do them today. :angel:

I just went out into the kitchen to start my mini apple pies. Much to my dismay, I have everything except the parchment paper. Can I use rounds of wax paper instead? Has anyone done it that way? HELP! I really l want to do them today. :angel:

I haven't used waxed paper Addie. I'm not sure if it would work or not, I have however made the pies without any paper, and they just start getting brown on top, so lift the top and let them cook longer with the lid open to brown the bottoms. It doesn't work as well as parchment paper and leaving it closed, but it does work.

I haven't used waxed paper Addie. I'm not sure if it would work or not, I have however made the pies without any paper, and they just start getting brown on top, so lift the top and let them cook longer with the lid open to brown the bottoms. It doesn't work as well as parchment paper and leaving it closed, but it does work.

Thanks chopper. I will follow your suggestion. But I think I will try just one pie with the wax paper. My only concern in that it will melt into the top crust. If it does, lesson learned and parchment paper goes on the grocery list. I am also going to look at Amazon to order the individual sheets of it. :angel:

Okay, I have some mashed potatoes and meatloaf left over. Thinking of doing something with them in the pie maker. Has anyone ever done a crust with mashed taters? I'm thinking of adding egg and flour like I would for potato pancakes and instead of frying them, use them in the pie maker with some meatloaf in the center and maybe some cheese on top of the meat. If anyone has done something like that, let me know of any problems you had with it.

:blush: Yeah Jabbur,

I'm the guilty one that's tried it. Can't find the recipe here in this section. It might be in the original thread. Shepard's pie.

I'd place the sliced meatloaf on the bottom. Put your cheese on top of that. Warm and whip up your mashed potatoes. Spread them on top with a rubber spatula. Brush the top with beaten egg whites. Have some gravy close by?

@Addie

Try a piece of aluminum foil on one pie see if that will work for you.

It will probably shorten the cooking time down. Keep an eye on it.

May the pies be with ya's. :LOL:

Munky.

Sausage Mc Muffins W/O The Muffin

Hope it works out for you Addie.
Breville's has only suggested that you not use aluminum foil because it could scratch the interior of the pie maker. For what your doing. I don't see a problem using it in a pinch.

I've got to get out of this cult! You guys are all trouble makers.
Mine has been put away while I'm working on household projects. Almost done. Prepping walls for paint is a ....! You can fill in that blank.

Today I dragged it out. Ok, it leaped at me " Where ya been!?." It's cord was wagging.:LOL: Made my belly jump.

Had to make The Boss's breakfast so with keeping with his diet made Sausage,cheese, egg patties.

These were so simple to make. Takes 15 min if that to cook. Times will differ depending on how you prefer your eggs cooked. This recipe will make 8.

1Lb Breakfast sausage your choice. Mild or hot
Shredded cheddar cheese
Eggs-8
S&P
Sliced Jalapeno's

Saran wrap for easy clean up. Keeps the sausage from sticking to the cutting board.

Make from the sausage 8 equally sized balls. Flatten them out with a hamburger press as much as you can.

Place them in the preheated pie maker. Close the lid. It should take about 6 minutes to cook the patties. Check for doneness before you go on.

When fully cooked add a few pinches of cheese. Close the lid.Check after 2 min. As the cheese starts to melt, crack an egg on top of each one. Sprinkle with s&p. Close the lid. Give it 2 more. The add a few sliced jalapeno's on top if you want. Cook until the eggs are just the way you like them.

Munky.

:yum: Munky, you have done it now! I will have to drag mine out for sure now. Yum! I bet Hubby would like that this weekend along with an English muffin for breakfast. Thanks! Yum! :yum:

Good news! I was talking to one of the tenants and mentioned my parch. ppr dilemma. It seems she bought a box of it in error thinking it was wax paper. Has no use for it. (she is not a baker) She gave me the whole unopened box. :angel:

I would wager that no one's suggested a Buffalo Wing pie, sans bones, yet. Just another crazy idea:rolleyes:.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I don't think anyone has yet Chief. But you know around here we will keep feeding pie doughs into our lil' pie makers like slot machines. Addicting things that they are... Like "Shermaaaaaan?" In The Twilight Zone episode They follow us around. He nutted up. Too much of a good thing.:ROFLMAO:

Guess we'll be seeing you soon in your reserved seat? Boy are you late.
Ya pie master. :LOL:

Munky.

:yum: Munky, you have done it now! I will have to drag mine out for sure now. Yum! I bet Hubby would like that this weekend along with an English muffin for breakfast. Thanks! Yum! :yum:

It's a keeper. First thing he said when he got home was how good those were. Missed his muffin, but it was ok. He liked that it was tasty convenient way of having a light mid break snack. He especially liked the one where I added a little more cheese to it, so that it melted down and around and got that baked cheddar crust.

I let him think it took me all day to make. Here I was happy that the sausage was still juicy, not at all dry. Clean up was easy to. A one hit wonder. My stove top is still sparkling clean. Can' beat that.

Munky.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom