Scone Additions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is that ornate mantle clock carved wood or ceramic? It's lovely either way.

Do you ride that bike!? I love it! :):):)

I collect:
* books on breads, baking and ancient kitchens, practices and cuisine,
* foreign paper currency
* people as friends whom no one else wants to associate with... ( a very eclectic collection) :LOL:
Good for you mate, the last one is not easy for me, I find it easier to relate to people here than in the real world, I am quite gregarious in a shallow way but I only have three friends that I trust enough to let get close to me.
Yes I did ride the HD after we finished it last year but with my probs it was not practical so I moved her on. I like repairing things but that is coming to an end because of my hand.
The clock is a french empire ormolu mantel, the body is unusual because its Onyx , unfortunately the gilt scroll that linked the three cherubs was missing when I bought it, if it had been complete it would have been out of my league.I bought this 1980's American Merry Tiller as a non runner, she is now so powerfull she rips up undug land with ease, I fitted an engine stop that goes around my waist because I fall over:LOL:
padeswood 267.jpg

Bolas and Selkie,
I took a class of 17th and 18th lyric poetry in university that, of course, covered a lot of Burn's work. Loved it!
Lpb have you read W H Auden, when I am angry I play a tape of the great man lecturing and reading his works to a class in Wadham college Oxford.
Quote, A poet is a professional maker of verbal objects.
To return to topic I like desiccated coconut in my scones, my fave scone is plain(no spam) split then topped with clotted cream and home made straw jam:)

imo, a scone is a semi-dry, plain white wheat flour biscuit ( not unlike those in regions of the american south but made with less fat), that is really the earthy tasting canvass for the melting butter and warmed honey than it's bathed in.

with a cup of tea, it's a symphony. :chef:

lol, but really, if you want to evaluate butter, or try to guess the honeyflower, eat it melting in a scone.

Oh scone oh Scone you are so sweet
Oh scone oh scone you are a treat
Oh scone oh scone you make me replete
Oh scone oh scone I have to retreat
Oh scone oh scone I must repeat
But if I do I will need a reinforced seat:)

Oh scone oh Scone you are so sweet
Oh scone oh scone you are a treat
Oh scone oh scone you make me replete
Oh scone oh scone I have to retreat
Oh scone oh scone I must repeat
But if I do I will need a reinforced seat:)

:LOL: I love it!!! Thank you for the early morning chuckle!

Now, where's my scone recipe?... I have dried cranberries and cherries to use up... Oh, there's my lard...

I love scones. Sweet or savory types. I make mango and pineapple scones, key lime scones and bacon and cheese scones.

I also make a spinach quiche scone..tastes just like my quiche recipe and they are a big hit.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom