"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Pies & Pastries
Click Here to Login

Old 07-15-2020, 08:26 AM   #1
Assistant Cook

Walnut Tart Recipe Help

Hi Guys!

For the past several months I have trying to recreate a recipe for a walnut tart. The lady who makes this is very secretive about the recipe, but let me just tell you, it is absolutely divine!

All of the ways I've tried making it one of two things happen 1) the top crust cracks to pieces and 2) the filling is not right. I've tried making a traditional pecan pie type filling and that's not it, so I'm thinking it's more along the lines of caramel type filling. I'll post a few pictures of it so you can see what you think about it.

Also, curiously enough, there is small bakery in the same town as the woman who makes this dish that serves a walnut tart very similar to the one I'm talking about. They also guard the recipe very closely.

So, from talking to bakery and talking to the lady who makes the tart here's the only things that I know:

1) It's baked on 325F.
2) It's got a sweet, shortbread style crust. Not too hard, but a little soft.
3) The filling sets up very firm, but not hard
4) The filling before baking is very thick.

If you're up for a challenge I'd love some help on this one! It was just too good! Thank you in advance and I look forward to hearing from you guys!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5096 (1).jpg
Views:	51
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	41836   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5085 (1).jpg
Views:	11
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	41837  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5054 (1).jpg
Views:	13
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	41838   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5039 2.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	41839  

austinmoates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 09:47 AM   #2
Certified Pretend Chef

Have you looked at walnut tart recipes online for help/ideas?
Old 07-15-2020, 09:56 AM   #3
Assistant Cook

Yes, I have looked online. I've never been able to find anything quite like it.
austinmoates is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
other, recipe

« Puff Pastry | - »
Walnut Tart Recipe Help Hi Guys! For the past several months I have trying to recreate a recipe for a walnut tart. The lady who makes this is very secretive about the recipe, but let me just tell you, it is absolutely divine! All of the ways I've tried making it one of two things happen 1) the top crust cracks to pieces and 2) the filling is not right. I've tried making a traditional pecan pie type filling and that's not it, so I'm thinking it's more along the lines of caramel type filling. I'll post a few pictures of it so you can see what you think about it. Also, curiously enough, there is small bakery in the same town as the woman who makes this dish that serves a walnut tart very similar to the one I'm talking about. They also guard the recipe very closely. So, from talking to bakery and talking to the lady who makes the tart here's the only things that I know: 1) It's baked on 325F. 2) It's got a sweet, shortbread style crust. Not too hard, but a little soft. 3) The filling sets up very firm, but not hard 4) The filling before baking is very thick. If you're up for a challenge I'd love some help on this one! It was just too good! Thank you in advance and I look forward to hearing from you guys! 3 stars 1 reviews