What Is Your Favorite Dessert Pie?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like most pies at the dessert course.

But here are two that I really enjoy.

Sweet Potato Custard Pie.

Southern (Pie Plant) Rhubarb Orange Pecan Pie.

Do I have to choose?!

My favorite pie....the one that is in front of me.

I really like that answer, except if it's mince meat. Don't care for mincemeat pie.

Back in my Navy days, I used to purchase Hostess Fruit pies, either apple or cherry, you kow, when they actually had fruit in them. I'd take them to the little room that had the vending machine, and microwave oven, and nuke them until hot. The vending machine had bottles of cold, whole milk. I'd purchase one of those as well. Not ice cream, but close enough when you're working from pm to 7 am.

seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Last edited:
We are doing PIE at my Mom's memorial instead of a luncheon because my Mom loved pie. I learned how to make pie crust when I was 9. I know that my cousins will bring pie. Wild blueberry is one I know at least two will bring. The housekeeper who has been here for 10+ years is coming out to make pies on the Wednesday before the memorial. My Dad and I have exchanged a LOT of words about this. He wanted the ladies at the church to do a luncheon. I want PIES. Yeah, we could add key lime, we could add lemon meringue, banana cream, coconut cream, we could add French silk. But Mom loved blueberry, apple, rhubarb, peach cream, and Dad loves sour cream raisin (ugh--hate the texture, gag me--hate it). And my brother loved rhubarb. The only one I eat is the peach cream.

Last edited:
I looked at a good number of online recipes, many from top pastry chefs. The consensis appears to be that the French don't make pies as we do. They do make some pretty extavgant patries, including tarts. Some of the french apple pies simply had a streusel topping, while othershade a straigh, verticle crust, with a top & bottom butter crust, with a simple glaze. If I had to choose, i would pick the last one as it is a tart with a butter crust. The butter crust sets it apart, IMHO.

Seeeeya Chief Longwind of the North

My favourite pies are

1. coconut cream pie.
2. pumpkin pie.
3. rhubarb pie.
4. Cherry pie.
5. apple pie.

My favorites are; Rhubarb
Cherry
Mince meat (I would give anything for a piece of my mom's)

DH's Banana Cream

I feel the same about mince pies. My mum made the best mince pies I've ever tasted! She's been gone for over 20 years now but never come across anything that's even remotely like her mince pies! She also made a great rhubarb pie.

I was in Galena, Ill. and they were selling pies for a charity and the pie that went for the most money was Rhubarb. It sold for $100.

Back
Top Bottom