What is your favorite pie?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have two. The first is my grandmother's chocolate cream pie. Maybe it's the memories that go with it that make it so special for me, but man was it yummy.

Second, a buttermilk pie. I had one of these when we were living in Louisville, KY years ago. A restaurant called Mark's Feed Store served it and it was so rich and sweet... I loved every bite. I still think about it and have tried making one once before, but it just wasn't the same.

My all time favorite pie is Mincemeat (it can't be beat IMO!). After that it's a three-way tie between a good cherry pie, lemon meringue pie, and a key lime pie (the tarter the better on all).;)

Apple, pumpkin, lemon meringue, strawberry, blackberry, peach, chocolate mousse pies are my favorite!

Coconut Cream Pie is my very favorite, but I also thing the fudge with butterscotch chips is really good. I tried that impossible coconut pie once, but mine didn't turn out too great.

cherry pie with fresh cherries, warmed up a little, with vanilla ice cream on top.

ditto for fresh peaches.

We don't need your stinking cakes!

Yum!!!! I'm not a big dessert person but I just loveeeeeeee pie.

My Apple Crumb Pie (mix of different apples, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, butter, lemon juice and some vanilla bean on the inside!) has to top the list, followed closely by pumpkin and berry pies.

Lemon meringue, razzleberry, pumpkin, derby, coconut cream, lemon chess in no particular order except for my mood. I've probably forgotten some.

I'm a savory pie kind of gal - tomato pie, feta/spinach pie......but a perfectly made French Silk Pie - man, that's the deal there!

And how!

2d90b895dd45ed3cc55332ea0ccf5f2b.gif

carolelaine said:
Coconut Cream Pie is my very favorite, but I also thing the fudge with butterscotch chips is really good. I tried that impossible coconut pie once, but mine didn't turn out too great.

I know what you mean, I'll PM you my modifications to the recipe;) .

Back
Top Bottom