what's your favorite pie?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buckytom

Chef Extraordinaire
for me, it's my wife's apple pie. can't wait to go apple picking this fall. she makes a good plain one, double crust, and an awesome one with bloated raisins. sometimes she soaks the raisins in brandy or gran marnier, yummmmmmm.
btw, can anyone from eastern long island, near the hamptons, tell me what a clam pie is? i thought it was a dirty joke at first, but supposedly there is such a beast. i saw a sign outside a farmers market out there for them.

Boy, that sounds like a great apple pie, bucky!

My weakness is coconut cream with a mile-high meringue. I have also been know to knock people aside to get to a lemon meringue pie...

Clam pie? Hmmmm....

Don't think I could pick just one.

Pecan Pie, French coconut Pie, Cherry Pie, dreamsicle pie to name a couple.

Um...I am not very specific here but what I do is make the pastry (see baking thread pie crust). In another bowl I toss about 3 or 4 cups of saskatoons about 1/2 - 3/4 cup white sugar, 1/2 cup ish of flour and about 4 or 5 tbsps of lemon juice. Brush the top of the pie with coffee cream and bake for an hour or so, until the juice starts seeping up through the slits in the top. Thats about it. Sorry I am not more specific.

Alix said:
Um...I am not very specific here but what I do is make the pastry (see baking thread pie crust). In another bowl I toss about 3 or 4 cups of saskatoons about 1/2 - 3/4 cup white sugar, 1/2 cup ish of flour and about 4 or 5 tbsps of lemon juice. Brush the top of the pie with coffee cream and bake for an hour or so, until the juice starts seeping up through the slits in the top. Thats about it. Sorry I am not more specific.

um..what are saskatoons?

Buckytom, I knew I had a recipe somewhere...

New England Clam Pie! (From the WAC (Women’s Army Corps) Cookbook, 1952):

For 2 pies:

2 9-inch pie shells, unbaked
2 cups fresh clams, chopped and drained
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium potato, diced
4 slices crispy bacon, crumbled
3 eggs
1 cup whole cream
salt, pepper, sage

Sprinkle pie shells with clams, onion, potato, and bacon, dividing equally.
In a bowl, beat together eggs, cream, and seasonings.
Pour over mixture in pie shells.
Bake at 375 for 30 to 40 minutes until golden brown.

Rainee.. I was going to tell you this the other day.. so, even though it has nothing to do with this topic.. just wanna say you're avatar is so cute.. I appreciate a good avatar.. lmao

There really aren't too many pies I don't like.. do you mean just strictly dessert pies?

The ones I don't like are pecan (too rich for me--but I love pecans), strawberry rhubarb, and mince meat.

The first thing I tried last year was a sweet potato pie..that was delicioussssssssssssssssss!... always shied away from it, dunno why... my favorite holidays are coming up.. can't wait for my aunt's pumpkin pie..that is EXTREMELY awesome with french vanilla ice cream.. she makes it from scratch..none of that canned stuff..... she also makes an awesome peanut butter pie.... a scoop of chocolate ice cream.. then drizzling warm hot fudge over all.. yummay!!!

Thanks Juliev

I thought he was cute and very fitting.

Back
Top Bottom