Berns Low Cal Cheese Cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
One of my cooking friends shared this recipe with me, and it's practically guilt free.

Bern's Low-cal Cheesecake

Cheesecake:2 springform pans, one small, one medium.
OR, cupcake tins with paper liners to same volume.
2 lbs part skim ricotta cheese
6 large eggs separated,
1/2 c flour
1-1/6 c Splenda
4 tbsp lemon juice [or 1/4 c]
1 to 2 tsp grated lemon rind
1/2 tsp corainder, powdered
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt.
1 c golden raisins, plumped with hot water, drained, and add 1 tsp rum
grham crackers crushed with some added oil on bottom of spring forms or
cupcake papers.

process:
Cream the cheese, lemon juice, rind, egg yolks, Splenda,salt and spices
spices, Add flour. Fold in raisins. Whip egg whites stoiff and fold in.
Ladle into springforms or cupcake papers.
Star oven at 350'F Bake for ten minutes, set temp back to 300'F and bake
for 50 minutes [ten minutes less for cupcakes. Turn off heat, leave in
oven with door closed for one more hour.

Last edited:
All fixed Constance. Just PM one of the Helpers if you need something like that edited. We would be happy to fix it for you.

This recipe sounds yummy. I will definitely test it out. I absolutely love cheesecake and since I have glucose intolerance, I have to watch the amount of sugar that I eat. :)

Is this recipe from Bern's Steakhouse in Tampa? I've eaten there once and enjoyed every morsel of food. It is quite a dining experience. A little pricey, but, hey, you can't take it with you.

lyndalou said:
Is this recipe from Bern's Steakhouse in Tampa? I've eaten there once and enjoyed every morsel of food. It is quite a dining experience. A little pricey, but, hey, you can't take it with you.

I enjoyed the food at Bern's, but to me it was way over priced and wasn't any better than some of the mid-level priced restaurants out there. BUT I didn't partake of the dessert tray either. :) I think that is what you are paying for there, all those decadent looking desserts.

Thank you Alix!

Lyndalou, the recipe is from a friend of mine named Bern. He's been all over the world, and eaten just about every kind of food out there, and is an artist in the kitchen.

Back
Top Bottom