Blueberry-lemon cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
[FONT=&quot]BLUEBERRY-LEMON CAKE

2 large eggs
1 c. granulated Sugar
1 c. sour cream
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. salt
2 c. all-purpose flour*
2 tsp. baking powder
1 medium lemon 9 jest and juice), divided
1/2 TBL corn starch
16 oz. fresh ** blueberries
powdered sugar for dusting

Prep:
Lightly butter a 9-inch Spring-form pan*** and line the bottom with parchment paper. Pre-heat oven to 375.

1. Beat the eggs and the sugar with the whisk attachment on high speed for 5 minutes, or until light in color and thick.
2. Add next four ingredients and whisk on low speed until well combined.
3. Whisk together the flour with the baking powder, then add that to the batter, 1/3 at a time, whisking to incorporate after each addition. Finally, add 1 TBL Lemon juice and 1/2 TBL of zest.
4. Rinse blueberries and drain well. In a medium bowl, toss blueberries with the cornstarch and 1 tsp. lemon juice, stirring until well combined and no dry white cornstarch remains.
5. Pour half the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Top with half the blueberries. Pour the remaining batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle the remaining blueberries evenly over the top, pushing them slightly into the batter to secure them.
6. Bake for 45-55 minutes (ours was perfect after 55 minutes) or until the toothpick comes out clean. Let rest in the pan for 15-20 minutes, then remove ring and allow cake to cool. Serve with a dusting of powdered sugar.

*measure flour by spooning into the measuring cup and then scraping it level.

**If using frozen blueberries, thaw and drain them in step #4 ; Toss with the cornstarch, but omit the lemon juice. Do NOT use more than 16 oz. of blueberries, as they will weigh down the cake.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot] ***We couldn't find our spring-form, so we opted for a loose-bottomed Bunt pan.... Probably not as pretty this way, but it worked ![/FONT]

Blueberry-Lemon Cake.jpg

Blueberry-Lemon Cake, Plated.jpg
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Last edited:
This is something I need to make! I’ll add some streusel on top though! Copied and added to my DB. Thanks!

Oh mercy that looks good, I also think a streusel would top this off.
Now I have to go to the store for some blueberries and make it.
I know what I'm having with my coffee in the morning.
Thank you.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom