Boston Cream Cheesecake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Raine

Executive Chef
Boston Cream Cheesecake
Boston_Cream_Cheesecake.jpg

Makes: 16 servings

1 pkg. (1-layer size) yellow cake mix
3 pkg. (8 oz. each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp. vanilla, divided
3/4 cup BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
3 eggs
2 squares BAKER'S Unsweetened Baking Chocolate
3 Tbsp. milk
2 Tbsp. butter or margarine
1 cup powdered sugar

GREASE bottom of 9-inch springform pan. Prepare cake batter as directed on package; pour into prepared pan. Bake at 325°F for 25 minutes if using a silver springform pan. (Bake at 300°F for 20 minutes if using a dark nonstick springform pan.) Cool.
BEAT cream cheese, granulated sugar and 1 tsp. of the vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add sour cream; mix well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended. Pour over cake layer in pan.
BAKE at 325°F for 40 to 45 minutes or until center is almost set if using a silver springform pan. (Bake at 300°F for 40 to 45 minutes or until center is almost set if using a dark nonstick springform pan.) Run knife or metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim of pan.
PLACE chocolate, milk and butter in medium microwavable bowl. Microwave on HIGH 2 minutes or until butter is melted, stirring after 1 minute. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Add powdered sugar and remaining 1 tsp. vanilla; mix well. Spread over cooled cheesecake. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.

Rainee you are my hero. Another great recipe. By any chance are you available for adoption?

Rainee, I can't wait to make this for my son - his birthday cake every year has been Boston Cream Pie, as it's his favorite favorite :)

Rainee, I made your cake yesterday, what a delight. Husband was a happy man, he loves cheesecake. I mixed up my favorite yellow cake and put half in the springform pan and made cupcakes for the neighborhoods kids with the rest. (not fond of the single layer box mix) :ermm: The cheesecake part was light and fluffy and the frosting was a perfect fit to balance the cake. Thanks for posting the recipe, it's one I'll use often.
Oh yeah, I also gave the recipe to a friend a few days ago and she made it and is still gushing over it. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom