Chief's Creamiest Cheesecake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
I altered a very good New York Cheesecake recipe, just because I can't help playing with my food:LOL:. This experiment took place several years back, and has become a favorite of family, and friends, The results came out really good. So I share this recipe with my friends here on DC.

Chief Longwind's Creamiest New York Cheesecake

I've been following a particular recipe for many years when making a New York Cheesecake.* But recent questions about texture prompted me to do a bit of experimentation.
My wife asked me to make her a cheesecake.* I did so, but changed the recipe just a bit.* I added more moisture (added cream) and reduced the cooking temperature by about twenty degrees. I also increased the cooking time by about ten minutes. The result was the creamiest cheesecake I have ever eaten.* I believe it's worth sharing with my friends.
I came up with this recipe as an experimental alteration.
Ingredients:
Crust:
1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs.
4 tbs. sugar
8 tbs. real butter
Filling:
6 - 8oz. pkgs. cream cheese
1 1/2 cups sour cream
2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/8 cups sugar
3 tbs. Cornstarch
1/2 cup cream
3 large eggs.
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
Melt the butter and combine with the remaining crust ingredients.**Spread evenly across the bottom and sides of either a 10 inch round spring=form pan, or a 9 inch square spring-form pan.* Place pan with crust into the freezer for ten minutes.
Place the cream cheese in a large, microwave safe bowl and heat on high for 1 minute in the microwave to soften.* Beat in the remaining ingredients until the filling is silky smooth.* This is easier of course with an immersion blender, a mixer, or a wire whisk.
Pour the filling into the pie crust and smooth until the top is evenly distributed and flat.* Place into the hot oven and bake for 15 minutes.* Then, reduce heat to 180 degrees and bake for 1 hour.* Turn off the oven and partially open the oven door.* Let the cheesecake cool with the oven until it reaches room temperature.* Top with your favorite cheesecake topping.
This cheesecake is still creamy when chilled before serving.* My youngest daughter told me that this was the best cheesecake I'd ever made.* My wife echoed the compliment.* Last night was a good night.* I was able to give my best to my family, and that makes me feel very good indeed.* Besides, I now have my very own cheesecake recipe.* Hmmmm, which will they carve on my tombstone, "Here lies the Pancake King."* Or, "Here lies the Cheesecake King".* Or maybe one of my kids will put "Here lies my Dad, the teller of the cheesiest jokes on the planet." :ROFLMAO:

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom