Chocolate Molten Soufflés

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mish

Washing Up
This certainly grabbed my attention.

Chocolate Molten Soufflé
Ella & Dick Brennan, Commander's Palace
Six servings
White Chocolate Sauce:
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup chopped white chocolate
2 tablespoons light rum

Chocolate Soufflé:
5 eggs
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup sifted cake flour
18 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted
Powdered sugar and fresh raspberries, for garnish

To prepare the White Chocolate Sauce:
Combine cream and sugar in small saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove pan from heat; stir in white chocolate until smooth, then add rum. Set aside.

To prepare the Chocolate Soufflé and assemble:
Heat oven to 400 degrees F. In a food processor, combine eggs and sugar until blended. Add butter; process 30 seconds. Add flour; process until smooth. Add chocolate; process until just incorporated.

Liberally butter 6 individual soufflé cups; divide batter among cups. Bake 10 to 15 minutes. Cake should be cooked on the outside but still molten inside.

Spoon a pool of White Chocolate Sauce on each of 6 dessert plates. Unmold soufflé cakes onto plates and dust with powdered sugar. Garnish with fresh raspberries.

Mish,
WOW, this looks yummy...I love cooking, but baking makes me a tad nervous..I do it all the time but I'm still antsy when I make something detailed and new..But this looks good enough to try...All my kids adore chocolate soooooo:LOL: I'll give it a shot:) If I end up in a straight jacket someone will let ya know:ROFLMAO:
kadesma, Thanks

Chocolate Volcanoe is another name for this type of dish. I use jack-o-lantern shaped muffin tins for my version. And this can be made with devil's food cake as well, if you are intimidated by baking from scratch.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom