Christmas Cake Disaster - help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flossy

Assistant Cook
Hi, I have just finished cooking a Christmas cake - a recipe I have used before and is yummy - but it not cooked!!! I have cooked for the correct time - actually probably about 1-2 hours longer as I put it back into the oven a couple of times. I have a feeling it may be the fruit - I think the sultanas I purchased were pre-soaked in oil (quite common I have now found out). Does anyone know of any remedies or have I just wasted time, energy and $$$. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :):chef::)

Some of the best cake I ever ate was with a spoon!!!:ermm: In fact my Granddaddy said if a cake doesn't tear up...it ain't no good!!!:LOL:

Don't dare throw that cake away Miss Flossy...It might not be purty, but it'll taste delicious!!!

Enjoy!

Hi, I have just finished cooking a Christmas cake - a recipe I have used before and is yummy - but it not cooked!!! I have cooked for the correct time - actually probably about 1-2 hours longer as I put it back into the oven a couple of times. I have a feeling it may be the fruit - I think the sultanas I purchased were pre-soaked in oil (quite common I have now found out). Does anyone know of any remedies or have I just wasted time, energy and $$$. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :):chef::)

Can You give me a picture this cake?

Flossy: I agree with Uncle Bob. If the cake tastes good, serve it in a bowl with a little heavy cream for a sauce. :chef:
It may be that your oven is not as hot as the temp indicator says. An inexpensive oven thermometer can confirm whether or not this is true, and if it is, you can get your oven calibrated.

Flossy: I agree with Uncle Bob. If the cake tastes good, serve it in a bowl with a little heavy cream for a sauce. :chef:
It may be that your oven is not as hot as the temp indicator says. An inexpensive oven thermometer can confirm whether or not this is true, and if it is, you can get your oven calibrated.

Thanks a lot

Back
Top Bottom