Clementine Cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

attie

Sous Chef
I was watching Nigella Lawson [sigh! :in_love::heart:] making this cake on the Lifestyle channel last night, she did say you could sub the Clementines with Oranges. What amazed me was that she did the whole process in a food processor, it was just so easy and there's no flour involved.

Nigella.com

Wow! So easy and moist, I bet. I don't see why any citrus fruit wouldn't work here, not just clementines. What do you think?

I'm sure that there is someone here more qualified than I to advise you on that Jill, I have never heard of Clementines before and don't know what the difference is between them and Oranges, but it does look nice eh!

Clementines are a small seedless tangarine..Sweet and juicy usually at their best around the Christmas season.But there are other tangarines out all year round you can use.
kadesma

I was watching Nigella Lawson [sigh! :in_love::heart:] making this cake on the Lifestyle channel last night, she did say you could sub the Clementines with Oranges. What amazed me was that she did the whole process in a food processor, it was just so easy and there's no flour involved.

Nigella.com

There's no flour because the ground almonds take the place of it.

I love clementines and tangerines, altho I also would make this cake at Christmas (or winter, wherever you are) as those are winter fruits. but it does sound wonderful! thanks, Wayne!

Clementines are a small seedless tangarine..Sweet and juicy usually at their best around the Christmas season.But there are other tangarines out all year round you can use.
kadesma

Hey thanks Kadesma, I just happen to have a Tangerine tree in the yard ------ but we've just eaten the last of them :mad:

You should have saved a few, Attie. :) The recipe sounds great. I make an orange muffin that calls for blitzing the orange, peel and all, in the food processor. I really like that strong orange flavour. Thank you!

its good isn't it? I love Nigella's cooking, I feel she and i have pretty similar attitudes to food.

Well, this is it, the final result. I wasn't real fussed on the texture and after a couple of days it became more moist as Nigella said, too moist in fact so next time I might sub 1/2 the ground almond with SR flour.
2637384943_ff3b8e0e9c.jpg

Back
Top Bottom