Collette Peter's chocolate cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

axeldbljumps

Assistant Cook
This is the first time I have made collette Peter's chocolate cake. Is it supposed to be more like a chocolate mousse cake or lighter and more like a devil's food cake? mine came out like a mousse cake. Its good but dense. Axeldbljumps:cool:

chopstix, I have to run now. Have to take my daughter to school. When I get back I will post the recipe. Thank-you so much for responding!!

Is it a flourless (or nearly so) chocolate cake recipe? If so, it will be very dense and intensely chocolate--not a bad thing, methinks!
Also, if it doesn't have leavening--BP or baking soda--it will be dense.

shpj4, I'm sorry. I'm new to this forum stuff (joined 2days ago) I'm still trying to navigate the website. Now I know. And, again I am sorry.

not to worry, axeldbjumps (are you an ice skater, by any chance?) You will figure out navigating around here pretty soon. No apologies necessary for newbies.

However, you will likely get more information if you post in the Cakes section.

I am! are you? My question is now posted in the cakes section hopefull I will find my answer. But whatever the answer, I am committed to serving thisone its to late to make another. So if its not supposed to be this way, I will call it Karen's new dense cake!

No, I'm not one - I just watch 'em on TV. But urmaniac (Site Helper) is a whole 'nother proposition..........

I have a nice flourless choc cake recipe lying around here somewhere if you want it.

I think you are right, Alix. axel, this will be a good little research project for you to get familiar with our stuff here. PM me or Alix if you can't find it.

Mudbug, I have looked every spot I can think of for your great chocolate cake. Can you help? Thanks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom