Creamsicle Cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wasabi

Executive Chef
It's summer again so I thought I would share a really refreshing treat. Got this recipe from this cookbook......Hawaii's Best Local Desserts.

1 box white cake mix with pudding (tried this with yellow cake mix and liked it better)
1box orange Jello (3oz.)
1 cup boiling water
1/2 cup cold water
Bake cake according to directions on box. Cool. Dissolve Jello in boiling water and add cold water. Cool. Use large end of chopstick to poke holes in cake. Use spoon to pour Jello over cake and into holes.

Frosting:
1 box instant vanilla pudding
1 cup milk
1 container Cool Whip (8 oz.)
1 teaspoon vanilla ex.
1 teaspoon orange ex.
Beat vanilla pudding and milk until thickened. Mix in Cool Whip, vanilla and orange extract until well blended. Frost cake and refrigerate.
Fantastic! Taste like an icecream cake and is super easy to prepare. My family loves this cake.....wasabi

Wasabi,

Thanks! I can't wait to try this. We have company coming next week, and I think this might be the perfect welcome dessert.

:) Barbara

Barbara, that's great. I'm sure this cool and refreshing cake will be a hit. This is what I did to change the flavor, substituted orange jello and extract with strawberry flavor and placed sliced strawberry fans on top of each slice. Makes a terrific presentation....wasabi :eek:

Wasabi,

The strawberry version sounds great too. I think I will go with the orange first though. It has been 95 degrees and our air conditioner isn't working, so it sounds especially refreshing right now!

:) Barbara

95 degrees!!!!!!!!!!!Holy moly, that's hot. We had 89 with a good breeze going so it was pretty comfortable. I would put fixing that air con first on my priority list. Hope your company enjoys the cake. Let me know how it all went..........wasabi

Back
Top Bottom