Creme de Menthe Bundt Cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Raine

Executive Chef
Creme de Menthe Bundt Cake

1 (18.25 ounce) box white cake mix
1 small box instant pistachio pudding
4 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup water
2 tablespoons crème de menthe (liqueur)
6 drops green food coloring
1/2 cup Hershey's chocolate syrup

Drizzle Icing
1 cup granulated sugar
4 tablespoons margarine
4 tablespoons milk
1 (6 ounce) package chocolate chips

Cake: Mix all together, except the Hershey's syrup, for about 4 minutes at medium speed. Pour 2/3 of batter into a well greased Bundt pan. To the remaining batter, add Hershey's syrup and mix well. Pour this over the rest of batter in Bundt pan. Do not mix it in. It will bake in by itself. Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes. Cool in pan for 15 minutes, then turn out onto serving plate.

Frosting: Mix all ingredients except chocolate chips in a saucepan over low heat for 1 minute. Remove pan from heat and add chocolate chips. Stir until chips melt, then drizzle over the warm cake.

We're going to a Christmas party tomorrow night, Raine, and I'm in charge of desserts. I'm going to make this cake, and a peanut butter chocolate gooey butter cake.

I baked the cake, and it is so tender, moist and delicious. It's really cool the way the chocolate part surrounds the green.
The glaze turned out badly, though. The sugar was not dissolved and it tasted grainey. But no problem. I dusted the cake with powdered sugar, then melted both white and dark chocolate in the nuke and drizzeled some of each over the top.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom