Cupcakes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MochaBean04

Senior Cook
im makin cupcakes for people at work and i know a lot of cupcakes are the same but i want a really yummy one recipe. My mom has the classic one and i wanna make something they will want to make over again. .haha if you have any ideas please let me know :)

melissa

MochaBean, here is a recipe that was posted by kadesma that sounds yummy.

Black Bottom Cupcakes

and one by Kansasgirl

Chocolate Raspberry Buttermilk Cupcakes

and here is one that I had in my files, but have not made.

Amaretto Dream Cupcakes with Amaretto Butter Frosting

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup butter or margarine
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup Amaretto
1/3 cup slivered almonds
Amaretto Butter Frosting

In a medium bowl; sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Alternately add 1/3 of flour and all of the buttermilk, then 1/3 of flour and the Amaretto, beating well after each addition. Add remaining flour; mix until smooth. Stir in almonds.
Line regular or mini muffin cups with baking papers. Fill each 2/3 full. Bake at 375 degrees for 14-16 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool In pans for 5 minutes. Remove and cool completely before frosting.
Yield: 24 regular or 48 mini cupcakes.

Amaretto Butter Frosting

3 cups confectioners' sugar
1/4 cup butter or margarine; melted
3 to 4 tablespoons whipping cream
2 to 3 tablespoons Amaretto
In a small mixing bowl, beat confectioners' sugar and butter. Add whipping cream and Amaretto; beat until smooth. Add remaining cream and Amaretto if needed to achieve spreading consistency.

Yield: frosts 24 regular cupcakes

How about these? I have not tried them, but I'm GOING to!

Lee

BEST EVER CUPCAKES

1 pkg. (2 layer) devil's food cake mix without pudding
1 (8 oz) pkg. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 (6 oz) pkg. semisweet chocolate morsels

Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Spoon batter into paper-lined muffin pans, filling 2/3 full. Combine cream cheese and sugar, creaming until light and fluffy. Add eggs, beating well; stir in chocolate morsels. Spoon 1 heaping teaspoon cream cheese mixture into center of each cupcake. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Remove from pans and let cool on wire racks. Frost as desired.

Note: The author of this recipe didn't specify frosting, but I'd probably go with a cream cheese frosting and sprinkle more chocolate chips on top.

Lee

Individual pineapple upside down cakes (use a white or golden or spice cupcake recipe). Ice the top with coconut frosting an watch people be surprised when they discover a ring of pineaple waiting for them at the bottom of each cupcake :)

This time of the year I like to bake reindeer cupcakes.
regular cake mix into cup cakes and then frost with chocolate frosting
then in the middle of the top in a pastry bag squeeze a line of frosting for the nose then 2 dot of white for the yes and a mini chooc chip in the center and a little round red cinnamon candy decoration ( or red frosting) for rudolph red shinning nose. Then you take The Italian thin waffle cookie and break into triangle to make antlers. Stick them into the cake above the eyes Get the ones with the rough edges or pointy edges not the round smooth so they look like the antlers. I find them in the italian section of the gocery store.
they have always been a big hit. I thought I had a picture of them but couldn't find it Sorry.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom