Cupcakes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mumu

Senior Cook
Before I make his simple frosting for my cupcake ,wanted to ask will this type of frosting dry with a hard shell? I made something like this for a bundt cake but made it thinner and it did form a hard shell. But with it being thick like they show I don't know if that will do the same,also being thick would the frosting hold the shape if I pipe it? Has any one else ever made a thick glaze like frosting like this before? I imagine the taste is going to be very sweet. Please check this at video jug you tube..... Called how to make vanilla glaze for cupcakes. Is this ok really to frost cupcakes. Thanks

What is the name of the frosting at Food Jug? I took a look and there are a lot of different baking recipes. Which one were you looking at? :angel:

It's not food jug but videojug.....how to make vanilla glaze for cupcakes. Is this really ok to use on cupcakes. I know something more with butter would be better, but interested in this one. Thinking since all powder sugar would be sweet and probably dry with a crust? Basically it's just powder super, heavy cream and vanilla,that's it. Like I said I made this before but in a glaze form not thick . But here shows you thick and not runny and on cupcakes?

Last edited:
It's not food jug but videojug.....how to make vanilla glaze for cupcakes. Is this really ok to use on cupcakes. I know something more with butter would be better, but interested in this one. Thinking since all powder sugar would be sweet and probably dry with a crust? Basically it's just powder super, heavy cream and vanilla,that's it. Like I said I made this before but in a glaze form not thick . But here shows you thick and not runny and on cupcakes?

The one that I found had her melting chocolate chips in heavy cream. It looks rather messy for cupcakes. A baker many years ago showed me a trick of dipping the top of a cupcake into the glaze or frosting. Much quicker and neater. You twist the cupcake when it is upside down. That way you still cover all the top.

To make the vanilla one, you had better have some room ready in your fridge. Because they are going to need to be in there really fast in order for the glaze to set. If you have made it on cakes and it wasn't runny, then I say go for it. I wasn't able to find the video that you referred to. If you could post the link, it would be so much more helpful. :angel:

All I did was go to google and type videojug glaze for cupcakes and its loaded on you tube . I believe it's the first one. He doesn't make it runny ....have watch video. Doesn't show it on cupcakes just what ingr. Look like it before u put it on cupcakes. I just don't believe how three ingr. Can make this. Like I said before I made this but it was glaze constitency. Or just put icing for cupcakes by videojug. It is two guys, then only one telling how to do it. Would it stay on the cupcake.?

Last edited:
Three ingredients will work just fine. We use this glaze (with milk rather than cream) on cookies at Christmas and it's drizzled on then gets hard.

You can adjust the thickness by adding more sugar or less cream. Also, it thickens/hardens after a while.

So by adjusting to a thicker con. Instead of glaze like. This would be ok to put on cupcakes. Just seems weird .... Only made this stuff as a glaze not any thicker. And to put on cupcakes seems different. What do you call this frosting if we're asked what it is? You know if used buttercream would say buttercream frosting but here ..... I don't know . Thx

So by adjusting to a thicker con. Instead of glaze like. This would be ok to put on cupcakes. Just seems weird .... Only made this stuff as a glaze not any thicker. And to put on cupcakes seems different. What do you call this frosting if we're asked what it is? You know if used buttercream would say buttercream frosting but here ..... I don't know . Thx

It's just a milk/cream and sugar glaze.

i used this on some cupcakes bec. i like the fact that it is only 2 ingr..but it just sits there, i made it thick to spread but not run off the cake. is this the way its suppose to be? best way to explain it is its flat. anything i can add to make it not look like its so flat? i dont know, maybe suppose be this way? the two ingr. are powder sugar and milk.

My mother made that all the time. She used food coloring to make it different colors. Never made a fluffy icing. It's flat and is good to use on cupcakes if you're packing them to take somewhere. It's very sweet, so you don't need a lot of icing to get the sweet taste.

What do they mean when they say make this thick enough like a frosting? I read this after I put it on my cupcakes that's why I asked how its suppose to be? It's thick but not like frosting ..... Fluffy kind no way. Didn't make sense to me. I just keep coming up with flat or like thick Karol syrup ,which I am being told this how it's suppose look. Sorry, would make more sense to say a thick glaze. Basically this powder sugar and milk or water isn't going to be like a frosting so why would they say that?

Why they say whatever depends on who is writing the recipe. Not everyone who posts a recipe on the Internet knows what they're talking about. You have to pick your sources carefully.

When they talk about the glaze being thicker, they mean thicker so it won't run off the cupcake not thinner like chocolate syrup. It will not be fluffy.

Back
Top Bottom